How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Provide support for YubiKey / FIDO as the MFA

Many other services (Google Apps, Facebook etc) now allow this and would be great to have in Azure AD.

https://www.yubico.com/about/background/fido/

130 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian McDonald shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could we please get an update from Microsoft, this would be an alternative for user in China who do not have access to the Google Play store and cannot use the Authenticator app.

• KoprowskiT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using Yubico with AAD would be great. Especially that they have the new version of the keys (even in blue/azure) colour, they new key passed FIPS certification and from Youbico perspective they going to support Azure. As it's possible to use Yubico for log-in to Windows machine... maybe using against AAD will be possible to.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second the question on timelines. We have a custom Credential Provider and SSP/AP which I'd like to integrate with Azure AD, but would require FIDO2 support before doing so. Knowing even a ballpark timeline would help tremendously with feasibility/planning.

• Simon Rae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any comments on timescales for this? We have a global Azure MFA rollout planned for this year and we have some users who do not have smart phones so will need to use Yubikeys instead. I'd like to avoid having to use on-prem Azure MFA server if at all possible.

Feedback and Knowledge Base