How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Azure AD join Mac OS X

It would be really cool to be able to Azure AD join other devices, like Mac OS for example.

112 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Hampus Nordanfjall shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    archived  ·  AdminAzure AD Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks for your feedback. Azure AD Join is unique to Windows 10 as it uses Windows components to generate/store the artifacts used for subsequent logins and enable SSO to other resources. AADJ on Mac OS or any non-Windows OS is not a possibility currently

We are working on other approaches to enable conditional access from Mac OS devices

/Ravi

34 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot believe that Microsoft has stared at this need for so long. You will not convert MAC users to PC users nor will you lose the market share of windows pc's to those that want MACs. Too big a gap. We as admins have to respect the technology choices of professionals and is not an authoritative decision anymore. But will say that as a admin for a large company that we are moving away from Microsoft technologies as a whole due to them not being an interoperable solution. Right now I am planning for the needs of our network and tools 5 years out. The Microsoft footprint is costing us more than the value it provides and will be slowly migrating away to other more effective solutions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

QUOTE EDUARD :It would be nice, if Azure AD Accounts also could be used to log on to macOS and enable Azure Active Directory Pass-through Authentication
        YES would be great.

• Eduard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice, if Azure AD Accounts also could be used to log on to macOS and enable Azure Active Directory Pass-through Authentication.

• James Balletta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

18 months since the post below...
        Any developments???

>Hampus Nordanfjall shared this idea · Sep 16, 2016 · Flag idea as inappropriate…
        archived ·

Admin
        Azure AD Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded · Jun 28, 2017
        Thanks for your feedback. Azure AD Join is unique to Windows 10 as it uses Windows components to generate/store the artifacts used for subsequent logins and enable SSO to other resources. AADJ on Mac OS or any non-Windows OS is not a possibility currently
        We are working on other approaches to enable conditional access from Mac OS devices
        /Ravi

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide Azure AD authentication services for ASP.NET Core applications created on a Mac. Please!!!

• Greg Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’m not interested in conditional access. I’m interested in single sign on.

Your storage-of-artifacts explanation sounds like a lame excuse.

• Annoyed customer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the problem is conditional access does nothing to help password synchronization. Is there really no answer for this?

• Richard Brooks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm back. Since Apple isn't going to do this, and seems to care little about the enterprise, it's up to you, Microsoft. Bring us AADJ for MacOS!

• Trent Boorman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this functionality. Definitely appreciate some of the moves Microsoft has made to support Mac and iOS recently. This is feature request is being driven by employee preferences.

Glad to hear you are looking at other approaches here. Any updates as to what those might be and when to expect them would definitely be appreciated.

I'm going to keep this up until someone responds. We need a means whereby the Mac is an equal citizen in Azure AD. The method Microsoft is suggesting (that of having a "Company Page" from which you log in to Azure provides only half of the necessary solution, which must also include Identity Management at the workstation login level. As Mac users, we demand equal treatment. Expect to see me again at this post in 30 days.

• Robin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft ADFS workplace join also need allow MAC OS for single sign-on feature for other corporate web applications

Five months go by and still Microsoft doesn't get it. We don't want another approach for conditional access. We want AADJ. Please get with the program, people.

• Paul Shadwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this now!!
        I just got Seamless Single Sign-on to work via AAD and AD Sync for Windows and was shocked that I couldn't configure the mMacs to do the same. I was sure this was possible.
        Very disappointed.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base