How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Allow more customization of the myapps.microsoft.com portal.

Would be great if I could forward a subdomain to our myapps.microsoft.com portal. Instead of giving users a the microsoft.com URL, I want to give them one.theblaze.com.

Second, would be great if there was a newsfeed widget at the top of the portal that could show an RSS feed of company news.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christian Vang shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
planned  ·  AdminAzure AD Team (Product Owner, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Thanks so much for the feedback! Customizations of the My Apps portal for both end users and admins are on our roadmap. This includes providing the ability to re-arrange and group apps and as well as using a customizable domain.

We are also looking to see if we can enable embedding other components like widgets. We’re still in process of validating options for this.
Please keep sharing your feedback and ideas around this!

15 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David HAtker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need to be able to customize the myapps portal.. I've got way too many apps and no way to organize them/group them. Can we get an update please? I'm routinely getting complaints from our users about this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What happened with this idea? It has been in the PLANNED state for over a year.

• Karthi sn. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

please implement this as soon as possible 😇......it would be great to see that from Microsoft

• Kalila Simpson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks so much for the feedback! We're working to bring end user and admin customizations to the My Apps portal. This will include creating folders of applications and company branding in the portal.

The URL request is interesting and something we've been looking at in our backlog. Please vote to help us prioritize the features that matter to you.

Absolutely NEED a way to group/customize the layout. As we throw more and more apps onto the My Apps page, it becomes harder for our users to make sense of it. We are addressing this as best we can using color schemes and visual queues for the icons.

(Voted)

For our enterprise solution built in Azure, a customizable domain for the access panel is required in high priority.

• George Kardasopoulos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    Looks like it has been 3 months since this feature went to planned..
    What is the latest on allowing customizing the MyApps portal with Company Logo.URL
    working for a state agency , this is a must.
    This portal can be used to allow users to register their accounts for Cloud MFA

• Paul Hirschorn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd love to be able to surface information contained within custom attributes within the myapps user page as well.

• Majeti commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Azure AD Team

Please provide the approximate timeline for this.. at our organization we are thinking of having our own version of myapps.. if we have timeline on this feedback item, we would like to do a compromise for now until Microsoft does this item

This would be a good thing. People in our org are impressed with myapps, but the necessity to go to the myapps URL instead of a custom one is turning some people away. It would be great to get a timeframe on this release.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customizing the MyApps page would be huge.
    Minimally being able to group (and label the groups) and reorder the tiles would be amazing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base