How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

Self service password reset on free

The free Azure AD offering isn't really very credible without a self-service password reset. Since it's an offering where large numbers are expected and price is an issue, expecting administrators to manage individual passwords is not realistic. We expected to have up to 1000 remote end users, and basic is unrealistically expensive just to get the password reset.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Aaron Lawrence shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alix commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see password writeback be available on the free tier for our public school district. At very least, I would like to be able to just set the password reset link to our own self-service portal that we have already developed.

• Rob Poling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The fact that writeback to on-prem is only available with AAD Premium subscriptions seems a bit ridiculous. I have around 150 users, but at $6/month per user, I'm looking at an extra $900/month. The AAD Premium license costs more than my O365 Business Essentials users ($5/month)!

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with this one - honestly, any online service which doesn't allow its users to reset their passwords by default and for free is not very modern, to me. Imagine if you had to pay facebook to be able to reset your password...

• Derek Gabriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a number of clients with E3 licenses and it seems odd that they need to purchase additional licensing for self service password reset, this should really be a basic feature available across the board.

Feedback and Knowledge Base