Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. RBAC for AAD

The Azure teams have done an awesome job implementing RBAC. I would love to have this same functionality (granular permissions + custom roles) for AAD itself.

Currently there's too many activities that only a global admin can do. RBAC would allow us to delegate appropriate activities without increasing our security attack surface.

378 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

44 comments  ·  Role-based Access Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks,
    Just a quick update here. We’re still actively working on support for custom roles (RBAC) across Azure AD. Stay tuned for more announcements in the next couple of months.

You can have a look at what we’ve shipped thus far (custom roles for application registration management) here – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/users-groups-roles/roles-custom-overview.

Regards,
    Vince Smith
    Azure Active Directory Team

2. Provide "Conditional Access" on a SharePoint Online Site Collection Level

It would be great, if any future "Conditional Access" provided for SharePoint Online could be done on a per. Site Collection Level.

Talk to the SharePoint Online team regarding this

74 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  5 comments  ·  Conditional Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support HTML support in Azure AD Branding

My colleague and I receive several customer requests regarding enabling support HTML support in Azure AD Branding like Samuel D. (Mr.ADFS) provided for ADFS.

Microsoft currently only support plaintext for the "sign in page text".

Please support the following bold, italics, colours, etc. text and support href links?

Top request is for bold text and links. We don't need advanced stuff like JavaScript injection like in ADFS.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  3 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Azure MFA Cloud : Abillity to remove specific sign-in option like Telephone for work

I've not heard two times from customers that they REQUIRE that they can manage / choose which authentication methods are available to users during the MFA enrollment proces.

The IT administrators would like to control the phone authentication numbers or limit access to the Azure Authenticator.

It would also be nice, if it would be posible to define different policies for specific users or group of users

@Shawn Bishiop

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make the AD Raw logs (event/logs) avaiable for SIEM monitoring

Been subscribed to Azure AD as an organization, it's hard to monitor scurity events realtime using SIEM solution without having access to Raw event logs. Although Audit log report offers what to extract out as a report but realtime monitoring to events for organizational domain is unavailable. This is quite crutial. oraganization doesn't have access to its own domain security events.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for the feedback! Have you had a look at the Azure AD Reporting API? This will allow you to feed the reporting data from the Azure AD reports directly into your SIEM. See the following article: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/active-directory-reporting-api-getting-started/

(I’m marking this as “started” and not “completed” because the API is still in Preview—feedback is welcome!)

Philippe Signoret
    Program Manager, Azure Active Directory

7. Make Azure Ad Application 'permissions to other applications' optional not mandatory

From what I understand, adding permissions in the 'permissions to other applications' section of an Azure AD Application means that any tenant administrator trying to grant access to that application using the Admin consent flow must have all the services requested. E.g. if requesting Office 365 'Read users email' permission and CRM Online 'Access CRM Online as organization users' permission the requesting tenant must have both of those Microsoft Services linked to their Azure AD.

If you don't have access to all requested services you receive the following error:

'AADSTS65005: The application needs access to a service that your organization…

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The v2 endpoint for Azure AD supports incremental/dynamic consent, by which an app requests the permissions it needs at run time, dynamically. This will allow your app to get tokens for basic scenarios first (e.g. sign in and get profile) and only get tokens for other, optional, scenarios (e.g. read and send mail as the user) later.

Be sure to review the current limitations on which services the v2 endpoint will grant tokens for, as this does work for all scenarios or all Microsoft services yet: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-v2-limitations#restrictions-on-services-and-apis

8. IPv6 Whitelisting option in Azure Multi-Factor Authentication

The Azure Multi-Factor Authentication server software only allows IPv4 whitelisting. IPv6 whitelisting would be great for the future.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Remove requirement for onprem Exchange when using DirSync

as per : http://tinyurl.com/kqgjvqx

Currently for a small business who want password sync, but make the move to 365. they have to keep Exchange running on premise simply to be able to edit user attributes related to Exchange. - an active directory DLL, standalone app or simply support in the 365 portal would solve this for so many customers.

707 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Azure AD Connect  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Azure AD Team responded

We’re working on a solution and will update you when we know more.

10. Merge office365 and live accounts that use the same email address

I use both Azure/msdn and office 365
    I already had an msdn account mvdl@our-company.com ( Windows Live account) and our company recently migrated to Office 365 which resulted in a mvdl@our-company.com Office365 account.

Wich is causing a lot of grieve when switching between asure web portal / msdn web portal / office 365 web portal

Even when I have no portals open, I cant switch accounts. I need to explicity open the portal that I last logged in to. Log out, and then I can switch accounts.

And having both office 365 portal and Azure portal open at the same…

1,344 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

235 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Folks,

Thanks for the questions and suggestions. And apologies for not sharing any update on this thread for so long. We’ve been working on this problem and have announced changes on our official team blog (see here: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/enterprisemobility/2016/09/15/cleaning-up-the-azure-ad-and-microsoft-account-overlap/).

First, we are acutely aware of the UX pain this is causing and we are sorry for this. We are trying to undo a decade and a half of systems divergence. There are literally hundreds of different engineering teams across Microsoft involved in this effort. So this is taking time.

Second, we can’t easily “merge” two accounts, or allow IT to “take over” personal Microsoft accounts. There are two main hurdles: (1) The terms of service are fundamentally different for the two account types and (2) they are based on different technologies with different stacks (different identifiers, SDKs, token formats, etc.). We’re working to converge the two stacks but again this…

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base