Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add "lastUpdatedDateTime" to user allowing custom delta synchronization

I use the Microsoft Graph API to "get all users in organization". I use the delta request (https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/delta) but it has some limitations - so I will have to do my own delta request. But the user object does not include a "lastUpdatedDateTime" property that I can use in my filter. I use a local storage and users are sync in a background task - and I would like to avoid getting all users (but only "changed" users) on every sync.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Need the ability to fix user cloud address when in Hybrid mode

We are in Hybrid mode with on-prem Active Directory and we have issues where an account gets created in the cloud based on aadconnect sync and the @company.onmicrosoft.com is created automatically and is in conflict with another account that has claimed that address. If we were cloud only, we could go in and fix it directly in the cloud. Since we are in Hybrid mode, you cannot manually update that address. The only option you have is to delete the account and let it recreate. If you have data, MFA, ODB, etc. well you have to try to restore it,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. award

Add the ability to associate users with custom organizational accomplishments/badges to be used for internal campaigns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow the deactivation of AD user accounts without having to delete them

Our company policy is not to delete AD user accounts for historic purposes, so we are not able to deactivate them as they will be deleted in 30 days. This creates a problem in applications like Power BI when looking at a subscription list. End users see all AD user accounts instead of just active ones so there is much confusion over which one to pick when a single user may have had multiple different user accounts in the past. Our work-around has been to put "#" in front of the user's name so they are found in a search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow creating OUs to manage users

This is simple. Just allow for us to create OUs in the User area so we can break apart users by department and/or other methods. Right now having all users in one place is extremely cumbersome and annoying. We don't even have an area we can move ex employees so its just a pain with them all in one spot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. AADLoginForLinux aadlogin add a new group for the 'Virtual Machine User Login' role in Access control (IAM)

In Access control (IAM)
    the Users with "Virtual Machine Administrator Login" belong automatically to the 'aad_admins' group,

getent group aad_admins
    aad_admins:x:9999:

Can you please also add a new group for the user with the role

'Virtual Machine User Login'

this will improve a lot the management login user and permissions

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Lock Account

Create ability to unlock user seamlessly using a button on top much like the block user option. Define the threshold for when accounts become locked such as a certain number of login attempts. Like an lock icon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. SCIM App Roles and Groups

Please add a flag to treat Enterprise Apps Roles as groups.

i.e. a new role is added to an application it will provision a group via SCIM.

i.e a user is added to new a role in an application it will be added to that "group" in the application.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BULK DOWNLOAD REPORT - User Name

The attribute "User Name" is missing in the bulk download report. It's important information....Please include it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search for users by Employee ID

Now that Employee ID is a populated field in the user profile, please enable the ability to search the tenant by Employee ID from the user search field.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Autocomplete

What are our options and forcast? Politely optimize for me and my people. Crunch our data safe and wise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. end date for user accounts as per aCTIVE DIRECTORY

end date for user accounts as per aCTIVE DIRECTORY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display the contact dialog box in Azure Active Directory

Display the contact dialog box when you hover over the user name in Azure Active Directory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Display the contact dialog box in Azure Active Directory

Display the contact dialog box when you hover over the user name in Azure Active Directory.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display the contact dialog box in Azure Active Directory

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto-merge new guest users with old mail contacts

While creating new guest users I do see if the same alias mail contact is present we get an error and the guest account gets created and there are two email aliases gets available.

Request to Microsoft Engineering team to create a behavior where these accounts will get merged.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. User-Friendly for those NOT Technologically Astute needs revamp.

Microsoft apparently uses very confusing 'how-to instructions' to try and force me to ‘fix’ any problem I encounter. And when not exactly and specifically understood, I still give those instructions a try anyway, and because I’m NOT technically astute enough for microsoft, the 'machine' locks me out of my normal computiverse ... it's as if I'm being punished for something ... I have no clue what ... I know nothing about.

If you can't see your way to enabling the Assure Technical Support (which I paid $99 on 09.09.2020); then you do not have credibility ... respect is part of…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for reaching out to feedback suggestion forum. Sorry to hear about issues that you are running. Please share more information about confusing instruction (screenshot or error details). Also to unblock yourself quickly or get faster resolution, please create an incident to https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/support/create-ticket/ or post issue to community forums – https://docs.microsoft.com/answers/questions/ask.html with few additional details on your scenarios (scenario you are trying, error or issue you are running into, repro steps etc.), that will help to review scenario and provide quick resolution. Please do not specify personal identifiable information like email address or phone number.

20. Unisciti ai Il Sarrabus.news Canali Telegram

Unisciti ai Il Sarrabus.news Canali Telegram o al Gruppo Telegram e ricevi gli ultimi aggiornamenti dalla community. https://gruppitelegram.com/il-sarrabus-news/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base