Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Change your 2 step verivication from every 24 hours to every 30 days.

Change your 2 step verification from every 24 hours to every 30 days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. no escucho la persona que me llama al teléfono

no logro escuchar la tecla que debo apretar en el teléfono para confirmar

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Di studiare

Studiare con i miei colleghi

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Gracias

gracias por la informacion

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Link the requested app

In the Azure Consent Workflow (currently in preview) once a user is approved they receive an email. It would be great if the approved resource / app was linked so that the user can navigate from the approval email directly to the approved site / resource / app.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access Review for 90 days

Can we have an access review set up that looks for inactive guest users for 90 days instead of 30 days??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Access Review to delete user account

We use access reviews to monitor 3rd party Office 365 accounts and licences. The users are in a security groups that assigns the licences. So if they are denied as part of the access review they are removed form the security group so their Office 365 licences are removed.

Is there a way to also delete the user accounts as part of the process

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the feedback! If you’d like to delete the user in addition to removing the user from the resource (group), we are running a private preview on this exact feature, and we’d love to have you try it!

Please fill out this form for tenant info and we’ll whitelist you for the preview – https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=v4j5cvGGr0GRqy180BHbR5dv-S62099HtxdeKIcgO-NUMzE4VzM2QllPTkxTVjRWOUFCMEZLQzJPVy4u

Thanks
    Fionna

10. access reviews

In access reviews, it would be helpful to see the current status of the account. For example, we have accounts that are recommended for "Deny" but in AAD the account is already blocked from signing-in.

Also accounts surface in the access review that have been removed from AAD.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for submitting the feedback!

You’re right that currently we don’t reflect the status of the account in real time, because when the review is created we take a snapshot of the users in the review right before the review starts, so the reviewers get a view of the user’s activity X days before the review. This has been an audit requirement for some customers. I’d like to hear more about your use case in dynamically updating the user’s status, and how that contributes to your audits (if any).

We’ll keep this feedback in mind when planning, thanks again!
    - Fionna

11. Show users Department and or Job Title in Access Review

Many of my reviewers have noted it would be a lot easier to complete the review if they knew the department a particular user was from or their job title. Adding this information to the report seems like an easy fix.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Sam,

Thanks for this suggestion! We are on the same page with you – having more information such as department and job title will be very helpful for reviewers. It would be an easy fix on us if we call pull that data from Azure AD. Question for you – are those 2 attributes populated in your Azure AD user profiles? Do you manually fill them in when a user is added, or does your HR data automatically feed into Azure AD?

- Fionna

12. this is the dumbest sh@t I have ever had to deal with

This is absolutely ridiculous. I am not a computer genius and it seems that is what you have to be to figure it out

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

need-feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automation of Access Reviews

Looking to see is there a way to automate in where access review that just identifies which accounts have not signed in in 60 days?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Soloman,

This is a great ask! It is on our roadmap to enable policies to find users who are inactive in the last X days. On a related note, we do have a psh scrip that you can run to find guest users who are not part of any group, would you be interested to try it?

14. Access Review Process needs to be complete

Access Reviews don't reflect the azure ad recommendation (example: user not logged for last 30 days etc.) for reviewers of 3rd party SaaS applications. Also, will be great to automate the line manager for each user as the access reviewer, as it would help in larger organisations to better manage and speed up the review process

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Niket,

Thanks for the suggestion! Good news is that both of your asks are on our roadmap! Are you using Log Analytics in AAD? We’re working to integrate with the user login data in log analytics and surface those in our recommendations.

As for line managers as reviewers, does your tenant have the manager attributed populated for your users? Great if you are, because we’re working on pulling that info from the user profile page.

- Fionna

15. Allow the ability to increase the default 30 day review time frame:

Hi, would be very beneficial if we can increase the time frame Access Reviews checks. At the moment the time frame is 30 days. It would be great to give the options for reviews that check time frames that are 3 months / 6 months / 12 months.

Example: Long term sickness

Would also help in creating accurate user to application assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Build custom access review

As a user I should be able to upload a CSV file containing:

Users
    Groups
    User and Group relationship

I should be able to launch an access review based on above files. I should be able to select reviewers based on AAD identities or specify them in the file.

Most ID governance tools have this function built in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Apply access reviews to entire enterprise application

I would like to create an access review for ALL Teams to review guest membership so whenever someone adds an external user to their Team the review will occur. Currently I have to tell the access review policy which teams it applies to. Because my users can add their own teams I have to create a manual process to look at new teams and add them to an access review. I'd rather just apply it to the entire application so it happens with every Team that exists.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all, Good news – we have made more progress on this ask! We started private preview of reviews on all guests in Teams/Office groups. Please fill out this form to be included in the private preview! We look forward hearing your feedback, working together to improve this feature, and sharing more updates with you very soon! bit.ly/ARGuestsInTeamsPP

- Fionna

18. Implement Access Review for Exchange Online

Allow to do an Access Review directly on Mailboxes and their Full or Send As Permission (Others Settings would also be interesting).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the feedback! Could you please elaborate more on your use case? Is it the user’s permissions within exchange that you’d like to review? You’d still want the user to use exchange but limit/remove their “send as” permissions? Would love to learn more!

Thanks
    Fionna

19. Make the content of Access Review emails customizable.

The emails sent to complete an access review have unnecessary additional content (e.g. Microsoft Address) and do not allow addition of more information to help those that receive a message.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the feedback! Good news is that we are working to improve the emails to provide the reviewers the necessary information succinctly. Some of the information you see, the Microsoft logo and address, some are there because of legal reasons. We are actively working on this right now and will provide updates here.

Follow up question for you, what else do you think is unnecessary, and what would you like to see?

Thanks
    Fionna

20. Change owner of the Access Review

Currently I am a owner of multiple Access Reviews. And my name is sent in the e-mail as owner of the Review. I would like an option to remove my name from the mail, and the option to sent the user to the service desk if they have questions about the Review.

What would be even better is the option to customize the e-mail which is sent to the users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the feedback and I’m glad we are thinking in the same direction! We have a plan to remove the "inviter"’s name in the email and replace it with a help desk link. Question for you, you mentioned that you prefer to have an “option” to send the users to service desk, 1) would this be an internal link specific to your organization, 2) should this be the default behavior, if not, what would you prefer? 3) another idea – would having a “friendly” description displayed to the users (different from the description the IT admin writes when creating the review), with a service desk link pasted in that description solve your problem?

Thanks
    Fionna

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base