Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ediscovery administrator/manager adds to PIM/PAM roles

Pls add eDiscovery roles to PIM/PAM, seem to be mia

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privileged Identity Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extend PIM into Enterprise Application User Assignment and Roles

PIM for only admin of Azure and O365 is fine as a local solution, but it without broader applicability we still need to look for something else to build into our security fabric.

Please consider extending PIM to make it relevant to account privilege escalation in any system integrated with AAD.

Extending to just group membership would be a good halfway step, but why not natively support any OAuth2 role assignments?

Cheers
    Ben

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privileged Identity Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to disable default alerts

The default "role assigned outside of PIM" alert generates a lot of noise to global admins due to using the Office 365 Admin center to assign roles (which is technically outside of PIM). It would be nice to be able to turn this alert off rather than re-train admins away from using the O365 Admin Center and to the Azure Portal where PIM resides.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow Granular Privileged Role Admin Assignments. E.g. Privileged Role Admin (Azure resource)

Large organisations will often separate/delegate tenant-wide access management and administration from lower-level (Azure) resource-level assignments. If this were extended to PIM, such that we could delegate the management of PIM Azure Resource role assignments to different Admins than those that manage the PIM AAD Admin role assignments this would be better than the all-or-nothing scenario with the Privileged Role Administrator role.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add an option to display minimum roles needed to see *this* blade

To help users get comfortable knowing that Global Admin is not needed for everything, we should add a control (e.g. into the top menu for any given blade in the Azure AD portal) that shows the least privileged roles to see (or update) *this* page.

For example, if I only need "Security Admin" for configuring Identity Protection (or "Security Reader" to see it), make it easier for me to discover that's all I really need. Otherwise, asking for Global Admin becomes the path of least resistance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. For access denied page, show least privilege role needed to encourage PIM

When I get an access denied page in Azure AD portal, it would be VERY useful to add the least privileged role [needed to see this resource] as part of the error message page. This will help me know specifically which PIM role to activate (or to add this user to for future access) ...otherwise, it's often just ~easier~ to simply reach too high (e.g. activate GA because it's easier than hunting down or using trial-and-error to know which role I actually need)

This is a GREAT resource and I use it often, but just surfacing the info immediately would…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reevaluate "potential stale accounts in a privileged role" alert

This alert is to identify "Accounts in a privileged role that have not changed their password in the past 90 days. These accounts might be service or shared accounts that aren't being maintained and are vulnerable to attackers."

Rotating of passwords is not the best way to identify stale accounts. SecureScore has a control that encourages setting passwords to never expire based on research which also led NIST to update their position on password expiration policies and the Microsoft security baseline for win 10 to recommend not expiring passwords. (see below)

A stale account is one that has not been…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customer tenants should be manageable by PIM

PIM should be able to manage access to customer's tenants. Partner has employees with their own source of authority but should still be able to give out access based on Azure lighthouse for instance. AzLighthouse currently supports groups only, which are not supported by PIM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. enforced privileged identity management for CSP and report on costumer security blade among other normal security measure.

Costumers even thrusting their CSP need to have a view and a control over their activities PIM is one of them , and report should be send to the security center that have the abilities to be linked to a SIEM .
    it's also part of a compliance audit, we should not need to add that partner as a B2B guest to do so , it's too much combersome as the trust between the azure AD is exisiting .

begin to put the admin agent and helpdesk agent as eligible role (i would even suggest by default" .

CSP Cloud…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. More info on audit of resources

Want to see more activities information when accessing resource audit. Activities detail did not show tickets number info and reason input by user during the activation stage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The approver to be able to set all at once in PIM.

"Require approval" and "SELECTED APPROVER" can be set in “Default for all roles” of PIM.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable multi-select when activating roles in Privileged Identity Management - My roles

My daily job requires me to activate multiple roles through PIM. I need to be able to do this in one go instead of activate, reason, duration, wait, repeat for all the roles I need that day. Let me just select them all and go through the screen only once.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability for Azure AD PIM users to opt-out of e-mail notifications

It would be nice with an ability to opt-out of the automatic notification that is sent after people elevate their account. Especially for external consultants using their Azure B2B account at multiple customers.

I get about 10+ mails each that about customers / colleagues that enable their roles using Azure AD PIM:

Please make it possible to opt-out of the notification mails: "xxxxx activated the THE ROLE in the xxxx.onmicrosoft.com directory"

Thanks.
    Peter Selch Dahl - Azure MVP

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privileged Identity Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PIM - Privileged Identity Management - Different policies for one role

Would be great to have the possibility to have different policies for same role.

Example

PIM Policy - Global Admin Require Approval: No
    User1 will have to request access to 'Global Admin' through PIM and will be automatically granted the role

PIM Policy - Global Admin Require Approval: Yes
    User2 will have to request access to 'Global Admin' through PIM and request needs to be 'Approved' by any 'Global Admin'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Enable PIM assignment for a guest user in a specific directory

We use powershell to activate PIM for users, but when we change to a specific directory, the get-privilegedroleassignment cmdlet still lists the roles available in the "home" directory, rather than the directory that you're currently in..

connect-pimservice -TenantName <XXXX>

has no effect on the get-privilegedroleassignment command

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privileged Identity Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Ability to search on all Azure resources and resource groups in the "Resource filter" experience

Azure resources/resource groups search in PIM doesn’t search my entire pool of resources /resource groups. It only searches by page. I have to click "load more" 15+ times to find some of my resource groups which is a horrible UX and seems more like a bug to me.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Error Insufficent roles or permission

It has been observed that after enabling the GA role in the tenant , access to AIP is restricted.

The below screen shot is from the Azure Portal itself and does show that after activating a PIM role for all services in the security and compliance center the role can take up to a few hours to activate.

In the below screen shot this will confirm it is a known issue with PIM in Azure and they are working on resolving it. Unfortunately, the time delay will fluctuate from a few minutes some days to a “few hours”. Because Azure…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add Roles and Groups from other M365 services to PIM

Enable PIM to support roles and groups from other M365 services such as Intune Roles and AzureAD groups to support services like MCAS and Defender ATP

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Push notification when new request is pending of approval on PIM

Currently, the only option for PIM approvers to receive notification of a new request is email (or my log in at AAD PIM -> Approve Requests).
    By having a push notification, the approval process would be faster when email is not monitored.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. To provide the option to the admins to enforce the Password complexity options by selecting all the 4 combinations of properties.

admins should be able to manage AD as well as Azure AD to enforce password complexity by using all 4 options. Currently only 3 out of 4 are applied while changing user password,

Characters allowed
    A – Z
    a - z
    0 – 9
    @ # $ % ^ & * - _ ! + = [ ] { } | \ : ‘ , . ? / ` ~ " ( ) ;
    blank space

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature list and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base