Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Authentication method selected during MFA process

I created two third party authentication methods for MFA in my user profile. One through a third party application installed on my smartphone, another one through an application installed on my computer.

When I sign in on the Microsoft 365 portal, only one method is proposed: "use the verification code from my mobile app". My two authentication methods could work at this step, but the choice is really confusing for the users.

I propose to change the description of the third party authentication methods, with something like that: "Use a third party verification code".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Description of the Authentication method for MFA

In the Microsoft 365 User profile, in the "Security info" menu, we are able to add a third party authentication method. But there is no way to add a small description of the method added (as we can do for example for the "Security key" method), and "Authenticator app" is always used as a description. So that if several methods are added, it is impossible to differentiate them.

I propose to always allow adding a description when we create a new Authentication method.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to export the MFA status User List.

I cannot find a way to export a list of MFA enabled/disabled users to excel. This would be extremely useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow listing of all disabled accounts in admin center

Allow listing of all disabled accounts in the admin center.
    Currently, we can select enforced or enabled. While securing a site, it's important to check to see what accounts are disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow Authentication Administrator to revoke MFA sessions

Only the Global Administrator seems to be able to revoke MFA sessions, I want the Authentication Administrator to be able to do this.

Revoke-AzureADUserAllRefreshToken fails when I'm an authentication administrator

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Authenticator Back-up with Corporate O365 account

There is currently the option to backup the Authenticator app with a Personal Microsoft Account - are we able to adjust this to be a work or business account, such as a company's O365 Account, especially if we are setting up devices linked with Intune via Office 365 accounts. Makes far more sense that if a device is lost/stolen/replaced, we setup backups with a work account. Doesn't make sense that someone may need to create a Microsoft Account in order to backup their Authenticator accounts. If I have missed something, please do point me in the right direction! :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Azure MFA for windows Server Login

it would be great it we have MFA for windows server login of privileged accounts.

After entering the credentials it should prompt for MFA.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Multi-factor Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable MFA without using my phone

You warn us to associate a phone with the Microsoft Authenticator or we could be in trouble. Yet Microsoft acknowledges that phones can be hijacked -- porting the phone number, for example. You've got to come up with a better idea. Like emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search box in Authenticator app

I currently have 65 accounts registered in the Authenticator app, and for those needing a code, it is difficult to find the correct account. Please add a simple search box on top for filtering the account list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. option for 2-factor authentication

Allow EMAIL as an option for the 2nd part of the authorization process!
    Banks allow the option to text or email, get with the show.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. include phone extensions for the mfa authentication

I would like to see the added option to include phone extensions to set for the MFA authentication

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MFA registration expiration

Out of security concerns, please have the MFA registration have an option for admins to setup an expiration date.
    So that users will be prompted to renew the registration after some time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Azure Active Directory PowerShell v2 to require MFA

Please add the ability (via Conditional Access) to require MFA before a user can run Azure Active Directory PowerShell commands

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I'm having trouble logging in. "Come back again later You've hit our limit on text verification codes. Try to sign in again shortly

Come back again later
    You've hit our limit on text verification codes. Try to sign in again shortly.

This has started happening the past few days. I have not hit any limit; I literally sat down at my computer and tried once to log in.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Çoklu kimlik doğrulama fonksiyonunun pasif hale getirilmesi

acibayramic.onmicrosoft.com kullanıcıları için çoklu kimlik doğrulama fonksiyonunun pasif hale getirilmesini talep ediyoruz. Bu konuda yardımcı olabilir misiniz? iyi çalışmalar dilerim.
    Murat GÜRLEK

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Default MFA authMethod in Graph

The only way I have found to get a user's default MFA method is to use MSOL. The problem with MSOL is it cannot use a service principal for authentication to automate jobs easily. I can get most of the information I am looing for in Graph /reports/credentialUserRegistrationDetails, but it does not include the default method.

Can you please include which of the MFA authMethods is the default for a user in /reports/credentialUserRegistrationDetails?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/api/reportroot-list-credentialuserregistrationdetails?view=graph-rest-beta&tabs=http

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 18 19
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base