Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Phone number Sign up/ Sign In-

Instead of having "Verify Code " button to authenticate users. Can we incorporate verification functionality in signin /signup button . "Verify code " button just adding one extra step which wont be necessary.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. userjourney does not recognize sendclaims defined in subjourney

B2C custom policy subjourney is feature in public review.

Userjourney must define a claims provider of type "sendclaims" to return claims to relying party.

Consider a scenario when a reusable subjourney of type "transfer" has sendclaims provider, and the subjourney is invoked from last orchestration step of a userjourney.

Under this policy usage scenario, userjourney fails to recognize that the subjourney has already defined a sendclaims provider and responds with error : AADB2C90040: User journey 'SignIn' does not contain a send claims step.

Requesting Azure AD B2C development team to take note of the feedback and enable detection of sendclaims…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Azure AD B2C Unified sign-up page with IdP selections and signup form

We are currently creating a signup page using custom policies. Since we have invite-only accounts, I was wondering if it is possible to have a signup page with the social idP selection (Facebook, Linkedin) and below the sign-up form on the same page instead of the user clicking on the "SignUpWithLogonEmailExchange" button and redirect to the page to fill up the signup details.
    Thanks
    Khushal

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delegated user administration in B2C

Support of delegated user administration in B2C. A customer company or a responsible person with a proper delegated administrative role can manage their identities(add, modify, delete another customer identity).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Fix "Run now endpoint" "copy to clipboard" tooltip hiding copy button

When viewing a custom policy in the Identity Experience Framework the "copy to clipboard" button in the "Run now endpoint" input is being hidden by its tooltip.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Configure timeout and retry count settings to REST api

If there is slow or no response from the RESTful service to Azure AD B2C, the timeout is 30 seconds and the retry count is two times (meaning there are 3 tries in total). The timeout and retry count settings are NOT currently configurable. I would like a new feature to fully configure timeout and retry settings

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. OpenID Connect Identity Provider with Authorization Code flow with PKCE

Support external identity provider with Authorization Code flow with PKCE

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Microsoft identity provider should allow work AND personal accounts

The Microsoft identity provider should allow PERSONAL and WORK accounts. (it should be a radio button, PERSONAL, WORK (specific tenant or all tenants) and PERSONAL + WORK.

In simple scenarios, having to use custom policies for WORK accounts really creates extra work.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Configure the name of configured idp shown in the audit / signin logs

Instead of seeing names like:
    - N/A for every configured OIDC IDP instead of the correct name per IDP
    - https://login.live.com instead of Microsoft
    it would be nice to be able to configure these names according our need.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow user to fall back to alternate Multifactor authentication method

One of the reasons why we can't use Azure b2c is a requirement to allow a user to sign in either with an email or sms. The current flow should all the user to switch from the default and send to the other authentication method. Switch from Sms to email if required

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support WebAuthn and FIDO2

Add support for the WebAuthn and FIDO2 Standards for passwordless authentication. The support for these Standards, permits you to login using your phone's biometric sensors (fingerprint, Windows Hello, Face ID) or your hardware authenticator.

More information: https://webauthn.guide/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. visualize the MAUs of B2C tenant

Hi,

Since we all are interested in KPIs, especially when growing fast, we all are interested in our MAUs in Azure B2C.
    In the beginning just for monitoring, but later also for cost tracking. Please give an overview for this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prepopulate password reset email address

I can't find any documentation about how to prepopulate the email address in the password reset custom policy user flow (Sign-In prepopluation works when https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/direct-signin?pivots=b2c-custom-policy is followed).

I found this ticket: https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/issues/37487 that states, that the mentioned behaviour it isn't possible (mid 2019). Are there any plans to allow this and therefore improve the B2C experience?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Unable to enter Phone number into strongAuthenticationPhoneNumber AAD B2C filed using MS graph.

Hello team,

I would like to bring this to your notice that during User provisioning into B2C, we are not able feed the MFA phone number of the users using MS graph. This is resulting us to force users do self enrollment for MFA and enter their Phone number. If we could pre-populate the number that would minimize the security risks that during MFA enrollment someone’s authentication is not compromised.
    I have a ticket opened with your support team # 2105050060001619 and they basically suggest me to submit a request here.
    Regards,
    Sandip

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. B2C Email verification code not interpreted as phone number

My customer told me that he has problems copying the email verification code. Due to the fact that some codes start with a zero, his email program interprets it as a phone number and therefore offers the user a phone call interaction. Can you make sure that the verification codes are not interpreted as a phone number? Thank you

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add the company name claim so that it maps correctly to the user's Job info

Hello,

I want to return Company name from user's B2C AD record in the Application Claims using user flows but It's not listed as one of the built-in options.
    I have added the companyname claimtype to our Azure AD B2C flow in multiple ways, yet none of them seems to map to the field "Company name" in the Azure user view under "Job info"
    Based on my research, looks like CompanyName attribute is not supported as B2C user profile attribute. If you create custom companyName attribute, it gets stored as extension<guid>companyName in the backend and it will not…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Azure B2b MSI to B2C graph support

All of my applications utilize MSI. I recently had to support a B2C flow which has forced me to utilize a client credential. I hate passwords, please allow some sort of one directional flow to set role permissions cross tenant such as directory.read.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)