Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Account locked - urgent assistance

I have lost all access to my account. Its an old account and I have external dependencies (I.e Facebook) that rely on my old Microsoft account. I have tried everything to recover the password.

I need to talk to a representative to reset my password as I don’t have any access to my other apps that rely on this locked account.

Issue: resetting FB password and the FB app has sent some password reset options to my old unused hotmail account. Please help.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Automation of Access Reviews

Looking to see is there a way to automate in where access review that just identifies which accounts have not signed in in 60 days?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make the content of Access Review emails customizable.

The emails sent to complete an access review have unnecessary additional content (e.g. Microsoft Address) and do not allow addition of more information to help those that receive a message.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the feedback! Good news is that we are working to improve the emails to provide the reviewers the necessary information succinctly. Some of the information you see, the Microsoft logo and address, some are there because of legal reasons. We are actively working on this right now and will provide updates here.

Follow up question for you, what else do you think is unnecessary, and what would you like to see?

Thanks
    Fionna

5. Azure Active Directory

we are acutely aware of the UX pain this is causing and we are sorry for this. We are trying to undo a decade and a half of systems divergence. There are literally hundreds of different engineering teams across Microsoft involved in this effort. So this is taking time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Access Review Process needs to be complete

Access Reviews don't reflect the azure ad recommendation (example: user not logged for last 30 days etc.) for reviewers of 3rd party SaaS applications. Also, will be great to automate the line manager for each user as the access reviewer, as it would help in larger organisations to better manage and speed up the review process

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Niket,

Thanks for the suggestion! Good news is that both of your asks are on our roadmap! Are you using Log Analytics in AAD? We’re working to integrate with the user login data in log analytics and surface those in our recommendations.

As for line managers as reviewers, does your tenant have the manager attributed populated for your users? Great if you are, because we’re working on pulling that info from the user profile page.

- Fionna

7. Apply access reviews to entire enterprise application

I would like to create an access review for ALL Teams to review guest membership so whenever someone adds an external user to their Team the review will occur. Currently I have to tell the access review policy which teams it applies to. Because my users can add their own teams I have to create a manual process to look at new teams and add them to an access review. I'd rather just apply it to the entire application so it happens with every Team that exists.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow the ability to increase the default 30 day review time frame:

Hi, would be very beneficial if we can increase the time frame Access Reviews checks. At the moment the time frame is 30 days. It would be great to give the options for reviews that check time frames that are 3 months / 6 months / 12 months.

Example: Long term sickness

Would also help in creating accurate user to application assignments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Build custom access review

As a user I should be able to upload a CSV file containing:

Users
    Groups
    User and Group relationship

I should be able to launch an access review based on above files. I should be able to select reviewers based on AAD identities or specify them in the file.

Most ID governance tools have this function built in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change owner of the Access Review

Currently I am a owner of multiple Access Reviews. And my name is sent in the e-mail as owner of the Review. I would like an option to remove my name from the mail, and the option to sent the user to the service desk if they have questions about the Review.

What would be even better is the option to customize the e-mail which is sent to the users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Michel,

Thanks for the feedback and I’m glad we are thinking in the same direction! We have a plan to remove the "inviter"’s name in the email and replace it with a help desk link. Question for you, you mentioned that you prefer to have an “option” to send the users to service desk, 1) would this be an internal link specific to your organization, 2) should this be the default behavior, if not, what would you prefer? 3) another idea – would having a “friendly” description displayed to the users (different from the description the IT admin writes when creating the review), with a service desk link pasted in that description solve your problem?

Thanks
    Fionna

11. Access reviews: icon in myapps portal

Access reviews icon is showing for all users in myapps portal when we onboard the feature. It could be better if this icon appears only when you are in the scope of ongoing review as reviewer or self reviewer. That's create a lot of questions from users about the utility. And it could be the case also for group icon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Access review for subscription

Expand access reviews to support Azure Subscription and Resources for explicit assigned identity.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to add exceptions to Access Reviews

Introduce the ability to add exceptions when creating Access Reviews

eg. This will allow us to exclude service accounts from the report of accounts that have not logged on in the last 30 days

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Access reviews should also apply to Directory access

Access Reviews should let you review guest users access on the directory level. Using a dynamic group with all guest users in it, I should be able to have access reviews DELETE the user from the Azure Active Directory rather than just removing the user from a group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement our own logic on trigger Access Review

Only a timer based Access Review is not enough for us.
    We have multiple situation we need to trigger review again, including:
    1. Based on some user's attributes update, e.g. Manager reporting line changes, Department changes, job role changes
    2. Based on usage pattern, e.g. a user haven't use a certain app/resource for last X days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gordon!

Thanks for the feedback! We are working on adding more triggers to kick off access reviews like what you listed in 1!

For 2. we do show user’s sign-in data to the reviewers to help them make the decisions. If a user hasn’t signed in to the tenant in the last 30 days, then the system will recommend denying that user’s continued access. Are you referring to automatically triggering a review on users who have not accessed an app/resource in the last X days?

- Fionna

16. Support to choose another "Group" as reviewer

We have two scenario:
    1. For internal organization users, we need FTE manager as reviewer
    2. For external organization users, we need to have "sponsor" as reviewer.

I already saw there is a feedback on supporting Manager as reviewer which should be fulfill our requirement 1. above.

For requirement 2 above, we need to assign different "sponsor group" as reviewers (instead of individual users hardcode in Access Review)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Gordon,

Thanks for the detailed feedback! Yes we are working on adding both manager and sponsor groups as reviewers, will update here when we have a preview ready. In the mean time, if you have any more questions or more requirements, please let us know by commenting here!

- Fionna

17. Access Reviews: Apply to new groups and/or multiple groups

It would be VERY beneficial to apply an Access Review policy to new groups as they are created, eliminating the management overhead of creating new policies AFTER each group created.
    Also, if a Access Review Policy could be applied to multiple groups at a time, Access Reviewmanagement overhead would be reduced.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Access Reviews  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks for all the feedback, we have made progress on this and the ability to apply the same policy to multiple groups (and applications) is now live! You can include multiple groups or apps in a single Azure AD access review for group membership or app assignment. Access reviews with multiple groups or apps are set up using the same settings and all included reviewers are notified at the same time. (more info in “What’s new in AAD, Feb 2019” https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/fundamentals/whats-new)

We’ll be continuing to work on applying an Access Review policy to new groups as they are created, and update here when that’s done.

/Fionna :)

18. Access Reviews - Select Line Manager As Reviewer

Access for some applications/groups should be approved by the users manager. As the functionality is not available we cannot utilise the promising Access Review tool.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Keith,

Thanks for taking the time to give feedback! We have the work to add managers as reviewers in our backlog, will update here once we have a preview to share!

Currently, we do support group owners as the reviewers, would that help with your scenario?

Would this functionality be your only blocker to use access reviews? I would love to know how you review access right now, any timelines you have. Thanks!

- Fionna

19. mas amigable

Debería ser mas fácil de utilizar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Group Owner is Inactive and disabled

We have a challenging situation to manage group owners in Azure Active Directory. If a person leaves organization, his/her identity will be set to "disabled" state. Is there a way automatic emails can be sent to admins notifying Group Owner ID is disabled for all the managed groups?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base