Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. enable custom fields to contact information

enable to ad custom field for user profile

for example: when create new user I need to provide company name with user information

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow all Attributes to be available for upload using the bulk user import feature

Currently the only uploadable attributes are very limited. We would like to be able to import many more like secondary email address and other user profile related fields.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Native support for all Active Directory Attribute Field Actual names

Please add the full on-premise Active Directory Attribute Field Actual name list to Azure AD.

Many Orgs have fields mapped for critical company apps like employeeType but since that does not exist in Azure AD I have to map it to an extentionAtributeXX.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expose User SID property

Please add the SID property to Get-ADUser and Graph. This is needed to pre-stage a Profile on a Windows 10 device to perform a USMT migration from the AD user. This would allow a hands free migration to bulk enroll devices, perform USMT capture of AD account, disjoin domain, and then perform USMT restore to migrate user profile data from AD to AAD account

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. This may well be the least user-friendly program I have ever encountered. How do I get rid of it?

I want get rid of this beast off my iPad, but I am afraid to delete in case it prevents me gain access to something.
    How do I get rid safely?
    Thanks
    Wyn

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Have automated alerts for User/Group deletions - Especially for Managed Groups

It would be really nice to have the ability to set alerts (email) for User/Group deletions.

This is especially useful for security management when Security Groups are assigned owners, usually regular users, for membership management but can accidentally delete the Security Group.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add AD container option for Tags

Tags can only be assigned to users via security groups. I would also like to be able to automatically assign tags to users based on a container.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase max-length of EmployeeID attribute of a user, so a GUID can be stored

At the moment its not possible to store a GUID in the EmployeeID attribute field when editing a user in Azure AD. The max length is 16 characters.

For "Department" and "Company name" its possible to add 64 characters, but it is limited to 16 characters for EmployeeID.

Its very common to have a guid (uniqueidentifier) as the identifier for users, so it would be good if that fields max-length can be increased.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Guest account created with same e-mail address as is used in O365 GAL

Currently - if you create an external contact in the GAL, you can create the same user after as a guest user with all attributes correct for about 2 hours. After that the guest user gets created with e-mail blank. Since the system can obviously support the two items with the same e-mail - please remove the control that block this

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "lastUpdatedDateTime" to user allowing custom delta synchronization

I use the Microsoft Graph API to "get all users in organization". I use the delta request (https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/delta) but it has some limitations - so I will have to do my own delta request. But the user object does not include a "lastUpdatedDateTime" property that I can use in my filter. I use a local storage and users are sync in a background task - and I would like to avoid getting all users (but only "changed" users) on every sync.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Need the ability to fix user cloud address when in Hybrid mode

We are in Hybrid mode with on-prem Active Directory and we have issues where an account gets created in the cloud based on aadconnect sync and the @company.onmicrosoft.com is created automatically and is in conflict with another account that has claimed that address. If we were cloud only, we could go in and fix it directly in the cloud. Since we are in Hybrid mode, you cannot manually update that address. The only option you have is to delete the account and let it recreate. If you have data, MFA, ODB, etc. well you have to try to restore it,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. award

Add the ability to associate users with custom organizational accomplishments/badges to be used for internal campaigns.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow the deactivation of AD user accounts without having to delete them

Our company policy is not to delete AD user accounts for historic purposes, so we are not able to deactivate them as they will be deleted in 30 days. This creates a problem in applications like Power BI when looking at a subscription list. End users see all AD user accounts instead of just active ones so there is much confusion over which one to pick when a single user may have had multiple different user accounts in the past. Our work-around has been to put "#" in front of the user's name so they are found in a search.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow creating OUs to manage users

This is simple. Just allow for us to create OUs in the User area so we can break apart users by department and/or other methods. Right now having all users in one place is extremely cumbersome and annoying. We don't even have an area we can move ex employees so its just a pain with them all in one spot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Lock Account

Create ability to unlock user seamlessly using a button on top much like the block user option. Define the threshold for when accounts become locked such as a certain number of login attempts. Like an lock icon.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. BULK DOWNLOAD REPORT - User Name

The attribute "User Name" is missing in the bulk download report. It's important information....Please include it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Autocomplete

What are our options and forcast? Politely optimize for me and my people. Crunch our data safe and wise.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. end date for user accounts as per aCTIVE DIRECTORY

end date for user accounts as per aCTIVE DIRECTORY

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)