Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sql

Support AD Logins for Azure SQL Servers not just Databases. Logins to the servers only support SQL Authentication.

Result from a recent support ticket: "Currently there is no direct procedure to set up an AD Group as an Azure SQL User that only has rights on a geo-replicated read-only secondary but not the primary. " On-prem, this is relatively simple. A Login is needed so the role granted to it does not replicate to the secondary.

To do what we need would involve managing SQL Auth for about two users in each of 150 countries, each with its own geo-replicated…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. how to implement single sign in for outlook, SFB and OFB application.

how to implement single sign in for outlook, SFB and OFB application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. REST API common tenant is broken

Scenario: I have 2 microsoft accounts. A personal account and a school account. The school account login process is 2 stage involving a redirect to a second login page. If an app uses: https://login.microsoftonline.com/common/oauth2/v2.0/authorize, I am supposed to be able to choose an account however, it jumps directly to the second stage of logging into my school account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. v1 and v2 apps vs app registrations / Enterprise apps

There are sy different ways to mention application and authentication. I would like see this be consistent from every point of view (developers, GAs, application admins).

1)Why can some registred apps not be managed from within Azure Portal and do the need to be managed via https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/ ?
    2)Why are these same apps visible via powershell. This almost wants a GA to change it via Powershell. When that happens things can break I understand. At that moment the existing owner might not even see the app anymore in https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/
    3) There should only be one workflow and in that workflow…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. i am no speak english, and call me in english, i dont understand the call

i am no speak english, and call me in english, i dont understand the call

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The proposed update to the Office 365 signon is not an improvement

By removing the box around the Username and Password fields, you've made it less obvious they are fillable fields. I know it's fashionable to hide user interface elements as much as possible, but this is a user-hostile move. It should be immediately obvious which part of the screen is a fillable field, users should not have to hunt for it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. network

Hi,

we would appreciate that remote office computers not connected directly to our Active Directory Network but only Internet could create profiles for users that haven't previously connected. These remote office computers are Azure AD hybrid domain joined and the user account have been synchronized to Azure AD. It would ease the user provisionning as it would not require remote computer to be connected through a VPN.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Don’t send me a New SMS AS soon as I re-open your app after reading your sms with verification code. It makes the code I just checked obsole

Please accept that I leave your app for a moment while checking the sms that you sent me for verification. The current system makes the code obsolete before I can enter it, and practically impossible to login from mobile phones.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Your version of MFA has a lot of improvents needed.

Your version of MFA has a lot of improvements needed. It is not user friendly. List ALL apps that are in danger to get hit by your MFA.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Multi Factor authentication for all MS products.

The fact that apps like Desktop Outlook and Skype for Business require creating a separate PW is keeping us from Deploying multi-factor authentication company wide. Unfortunately, most of our users are not sophisticated enough to know how to handle exceptions like this.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. In login dialogs show if current account is work or personal and add a checkbox to choose

My work and personal accounts have the same email address and since you "simplified" the login UI it is cumbersome to switch between systems, e.g. Office365 (work account) and Windows Dev Center (personal account). If one does not remember which account type was used on the last login (current account) there is only trial and error to find out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We are reachable at our Quicken US support number on a 24×7 basis and 365 days a year

You can hire third party Quicken tech support companies 24 hours, 7 days, and 365 days a year. They can be accessed from anywhere anytime. You would not have to leave your current place to reach these certified professionals because they will serve you over the phone as per your convenience.

more info :-
    http://www.quickentechsupport247.com/
    http://www.quickentechsupport247.com/quicken-customer-service.html
    http://www.quickentechsupport247.com/contact.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2-step authentication locks me out of my account when my phone is not working. How can you fix that?

2-factor authentication is bogus sinc it does not account for a phone not working

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. i tried twice to signup, the money got deducted but the signup failed, this is how azure makes its first impression?

i tried twice to signup, the money got deducted but the signup failed, this is how azure makes its first impression?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Authentication  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 factor authentication requiring multiple texts for each service

This morning I attempted to login to
    mail
    calendar
    teams

Each access required 2FA with a different text for each one! Very frustrating.

Once logged in to one service, existing authentication should be used for the other services.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Show the "Sign in with Another Account" link on the first page even if you have already filled in the Username.

Even when Username is pre-filled, show the "Sign In with Another Account" link in case you do not want to sign in with the pre-filled username account

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. major problem

you take for granted that any user have enough experience to apply changes. It is not the case and Microsoft is creating nightmare with the access to my computer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sign

Why do I have to sign into Microsoft to see information in my organisations system when I have already signed into my organisations IT system? It is simply added waste of time labelled with a 'Microsoft' label. So every time I see it I think what a rubbish system Microsoft is as it continually wastes my time with needless trivial interruptions instead of the system just taking me to the information I wish to see that I am already authorised to see.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base