Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared App Roles

Azure AD App Registration should give the ability to share App Roles between apps. The scenario to enable is between a Back-end Web API and multiple client apps (Web, iOS and Android). A user is assigned an admin role in the client web app, this user will have that same role in the iOS app and Android app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Publish React and View sample using Azure AD

In general, developers tend to use Angular, React and View to develop SPA, but in the following page, only refer Angular sample. If there is React and View sample, I believe many developer will save time and can use Azure AD in the app.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-developers-guide

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support for React Native

I am trying to use v1 & v2 authentication in react native but not able to sign in and get request tokens.Please get support for React Native

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. REST Operation code samples for LogicApp

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/logic/#rest-operation-groups

Please provide samples to use the above REST operations for a ********.
    Even having admin permission the API's expecting authorization for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Managed Service Identity needs new shorthand. MSI is taken

Please please get an abbreviation checker at Microsoft. MSI is already a thing. Desktop isn't quite that dead yet. I have a hard enough time keeping up, without stepping on the same 3 letter from the same company meaning completely different things!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Select Active Directory in the app registration portal

I'm a member of two Active Directories. I'm a regular user in AD1, which is my default AD. App registration is disabled here for regular users, so I created AD2 where I am a global admin, so that I can create Bot Channel Registration resources which involves app registration. When I create the bot, there is a link to the app registration portal to manage app IDs and app secrets, but there I can't see my AD2 resources, because that portal is probably associated with my default AD1 and I cannot select AD2 there. Altogether this means that the bot…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Managed Service Identity support for containers.

We currently are moving towards containerization of applications using service fabric. Is it possible to enable MSI extension for VM on host and then consume the service from the container?

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow me to share the management of my applications with others

I can't believe there's no way for me to add other managers to my application! What happens if I get hit by a bus?! Does my whole company suddenly lose access to the app that's been registered?

This needs to be made available yesterday!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Increase redirect URI limit

I have registered an app at apps.dev.microsoft.com ..Is there any way to add more than 20 redirect urls? I have many customers with subdomains and I need my app to work in every subdomain. Currently im able to add it in only 20 subdomains

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Authentication on Azure AD through command-prompt (no browser scenarios)

When it comes to web-applications and developer experience, AAD SAML federation is a huge improvement over ADFS. What is missing, is support for command-prompt use-cases (console apps, cli or PowerShell scripts). ADFS allows a user who is authenticated in AD to post a AuthN request to ADFS and acquire SAML response, all through command-prompt. But this is nearly impossible using AAD. If AAD could provide a library/PS-cmdlet or some way to authenticate a user without a browser and only through command-prompt, it would be a huge improvement.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure AD 2.0 app registration portal public key upload limit is too small

I created a new converged app registration @ https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/ and when I went to upload the public key for my app, it gave me an error that there is a 2KB size limit for key uploads. My key is 2.23KB in base64 format and 1.6KB in DER format. Both formats give the same 2KB key limit error. This same key worked fine in the azure ad app registration process.

Why the seemingly arbitrary limit?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Azure AD Application Manifest - Resource type declarations

Azure AD application manifests offers a fantastic mechanism for ISV"s/Multitenant SaaS providers to provide a transparent declaration of roles. Most customer's when they hear of the capabilities of the Application manifest like this transparency and like this feature.

However, it falls short as the role declarations do not permit for Resource based declarations by the consumers of the services.
    A role could define the entity types for the resource along with the data type - A role could be defined with specific accesses to resources and assigned to user's - all inside Azure AD.

This is a feature which would…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. NPM package for Azure AD authentication in Angular2+ apps

There are currently a lot of npm packages written by developers to make it easy to authenticate angular apps against Azure AD. But the reality is most of the packages are outdated and with many issues with each version of angular. It will be great if MS can release a ngx module for authentication against Azure AD and provide good support.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Creating a New Password for a Bot Application fails

(3rd time trying to enter this because of all of the bugs in the login functionality that doesn't even take a Microsoft account!)

If you click on Manage from the app id of a new bot and then try and add a new password (because it creates a default one but never tells you what it is) it will fail with a graph error.

Thus it is impossible right now to create a working bot because you can never put in the right password for validation with your bot.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft App management throws Microsoft.AppRegPortal.Providers.Graph.GraphException

When I'm trying to Create New Passord for my Bot Channel in Application Registration Portal it trows the next message: "Exception of type 'Microsoft.AppRegPortal.Providers.Graph.GraphException' was thrown." and it's claimed to be a temporary issue but I'm wondering when exactly It will be fixed or/and what should I do?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Azure AD App registration limit for non-admin AD user

There is a limit to the number of App and\or Service Principal registrations a non-administrative Azure AD user can provision (250). This prevents having the creation of the APP or SP to be automated as soon as that limit is reached. Unfortunately there is no way to determine the number of objects that have been created by a particular account. No such counter is available, and the objects themselves don’t have a “CreatedBy” attribute that you could query. You do not want to assign the automation account user to be granted the Global admin role in Azure AD due to…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Document How To Resolve Data & Login & Technology Choices Between Azure AD Graph and Microsoft Graph

You can't user Azure AD Graph Tokens for Microsoft Graph and vice versa.. if you insert data into one can you retrieve from another? What are the implications of creating an app on either side? I.E. which side should we choose? Why are there two different graphs in two different organizations of MS which can do most of the same things?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add a link to retrieve endpoints URL from the V2 portal like we have on V1

We have a place to look at all endpoints in the V1 portal(portal.azure.com), but don't have a similar functionality in apps.dev.microsoft.com. This caused us to use the incorrect URL.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base