Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. App registrations Redirect URI - Allow disable on a redirect uri entry

Hi,

It would be great if there was an enable / disable checkbox for redirect uri's.

As a developer I am constantly adding / deleting the localhost redirect uri.

Regards,
    Graham O'Riley
    Netdocs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Does Azure Managed Identities Authentication supports application or services built on JAVA Tech Stack?

Can JAVA backend application or services supported or registered for Azure Managed Identities? Can you please share the documentation for same? Currently I see code samples only for .NET where as am looking for sample code for JAVA or Spring Boot

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improved control of Client Secrets and Certifficates(also via PowerShell )

At the moment there is lack of control via PowerShell for the Client Secrets.
    To list them up you have to use:
    Get-AzureADServicePrincipal and list PasswordCredentials
    If there is more than one key, they will be displayed in random order. This means that not always the active one will be presented as first.
    At the moment there is possibility to see expired certs /keys under App registrations (Preview)but there is no option of sorting. Also for apps with more client secrets, value is not displayed at all.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. To advertise all items

Mwotha advertisement app now is available all countries.it is Best Site used across the world for Advertisement.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. How can get Subscriptions-List By Domain

there is not exist the API about get Subscriptions-List By Domain.as the Business scenario need the API

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Improving documentation for "Add sign-in with Microsoft to an ASP.NET web app"

On the page "Add sign-in with Microsoft to an ASP.NET web app
    " which is currently hosted here as of the post date: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-ca/azure/active-directory/develop/tutorial-v2-asp-webapp, the "Option 2: Restrict access to your application to users in a specific list of organizations
    " does not give an example of how to set the ValidateIssuers parameter. For newbies, I think this would be less frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Managed Service Identity support for NotificationHub.

Currently I am working on NotficiationHub.
    It would be great to have possibility o authorize in NotificationHub using Managed Service Identity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow AAD applications as AD group owners

We want to be able to delegate responsibility setting the membership of a set of Azure AAD groups to an AAD Application.

This would allow the application to add and remove users from >only< the groups it owns.

Currently the only way to achieve this uses a rather risky workaround, by providing the application with the Graph Directory.ReadWrite.All role, this enabling the application to manage >all< groups in the AD tennant.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. flutter

Need outlook API for flutter, why Microsoft isn't considering this as so many developers are moving to flutter for mobile development

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Enable the option for adding # in the reply url for Angular applications

When developing angular applications etc, often the reply url would be something like https://myurl/#/callback. This is not possible today.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow LUIS registration against secondary tenancy (B2B tenant)

Allow the LUIS application to register against a secondary tenancy. We have two tenancies, the primary managed by a different country with tight restrictions on application registrations. The second is has less restrictions and allows app registrations however when trying to register the LUIS app with an application created in the second tenancy we are unable to register it using the same UPN that was invited via B2B from the primary tenant. As a work around we had to create a cloud ID. It would be great if you could register the app against a target tenant (not the primary…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Developers blocked from using the new application registration owner role in the portal

Developers will be forced to use the App Registration Portal (https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/) for managing Azure Active Directory applications or PowerShell, when the feature "Block Portal Access" is enabled to block normal users from snooping around in Azure Active Directory settings using the portal. This is very inconvenient for developers that would like to use the Azure Portal.

Even with the "Application Registration Owner" role assign the users are still denied access to the app registration.

Either create a exception list for the Azure AD Portal block feature or allow the users with the "Application Registration Owner role" access to…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Prevent registered apps from disappearing from portal

The apps that I registered in the Microsoft Registration Portal (MRP) are suddenly gone. I can see them in the Azure Portal, and manage Azure AD apps, but converged apps are only seen in Application registrations. From that place I am unable to manage settings for them.
    This also happens with newly registered apps in MRP to me and to my colleague, as soon as app is created it is gone from MRP.
    When inspecting the web page there are errors in Console:

0cac2641-217e-404f-b402-ae7f6d97a3a7:1 Failed to load resource: net::ERRFILENOT_FOUND
    MeControl.js:1 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'postMessage' on 'Window':…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show "Directory Extension" in portal for users and groups

My customers would love to have a easy approach to list all directory extensions for either a specific group or user with the Azure Portal. Currently they have to use PowerShell (Get-AzureADUser -ObjectId $UserId.ObjectId | Select -ExpandProperty ExtensionProperty) to list all the properties associated with the object. This seems a bit difficult for most supporters and IT pros. I would like to see the ability to list the attributes in the short term and the possibility to edit the attributes in the long term.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bing Content API Batch Request failure

I tried to use product batch request to insert( or update) products, but I continuously received the following error:

Internal error occurred. Please retry executing the operation. If the problem persists, please report this issue to us together with the request you're trying to execute.

Request is attached below.

Could anyone help about this?

Thank you

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a way to signout of portal.azure.com after ClaimsPrincipal has been creted in an External app

Currently, I am using OpenID Connect to successfully create a ClaimsPrincipal in an external ASPNetCore application.

The problem I have is that the user can then go directly to portal.azure.com (and they are signed in) -- Can we have a way to keep them OUT of portal.azure.com? These are just general users of an EXTERNAL app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base