Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

We have a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we strongly recommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If your UserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, your previous activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

How can we improve Azure Active Directory?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Preserve semantic URIs in portal.microsoft.com

Preserve semantic URIs in portal.microsoft.com: in https://manage.windowsazure.com/microsoft.onmicrosoft.com#Workspaces/ActiveDirectoryExtension/Directory/c4ed9159-2ddb-4a79-8388-f694afab28b8/RegisteredApp/b5cf593c-961c-451a-acd8-25106e05aab0/registeredAppConfigure

wherein c4ed9159-2ddb-4a79-8388-f694afab28b8 is my tenant, and b5cf593c-961c-451a-acd8-25106e05aab0 is my app. So I can navigate to something by knowing its identifiers. I don't *think* that's possible in portal.azure.com.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: oidc
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. typo in portal.azure.com AD Applications dialog

typo in portal.azure.com AD Applications dialog for assigning user to application

Assinging should be assigning

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. (Portal) Search field loses focus if you click on it before the initial list has loaded.

In the new portal there are several places where you get a list with a search field at the top. This search field has the initial keyboard focus. However - confusingly - if you click it it actually loses focus. Typing then acts as keyboard shortcuts for the Azure portal taking you to different pages and you lose what you had open.

After the initial list of items has loaded you can click the search field, but while it is loading it can't be selected. Tested in IE 11 + latest Chrome.

Examples where this can be seen:
    https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/UserManagementMenuBlade/All users/menuId/ …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. AzureAD Group self-service setting naming in 'new' Portal

In the old portal the setting for enabling AzureAD Group self-service for users has named like this: USERS WHO CAN USE SELF-SERVICE FOR SECURITY GROUPS. This is what this setting is doing. The same setting within the new portal is named like this: ‘Users who can manage security groups’.
    To me this new 'naming' of the same setting is confusing because of the word 'manage' in the new naming. Personally I think the old naming is more descriptive for this setting. I don't know what other people are thinking?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. The Add a Group feature does not work in Chrome

The Add a Group feature does not work in Chrome through a Remote Desktop. Clicking appears disabled, though you can tab through the first two fields.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Enable easy access to manage multiple Azure AD tenants

We are building a solution in a subscription under our EA linked to our corporate Azure AD. However, this solution is using a separate Azure AD to hold its users. On the Classic portal, Azure AD management brings up a list of all the directories you are an admin and/or user for regardless of the subscription you're signed in under. Bringing that forward to the new portal would help us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Users and Groups assigned to Application Flyout to Show Users

In the preview of AAD management in portal.azure.com, when looking at the users and groups assigned to an application, it would be great to be able to see the members of the group when you click the group. It is a huge improvement that you can now see who has access to the app by default, just this one last step would make it even better.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bug: Cannot assign role to application registered via the new portal

I registered an web application via the new portal and I tried to assign it a role without success. The application cannot be found when trying to add access. Application that was registered with the old portal can be assigned successfully.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add Link to Microsoft Azure AD Premium

Dashboard for the basic Azure AD from Office 365 says that Microsoft Azure AD Premium is required. The box looks like a button, but is actually just a text box. It would be nice if I could click there to A) find out how much it would cost me to use AD Premium, and B) to possibly sign up for it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A bit of testing with Safari and Verifying a domain.

Using Safari on El Capitain, when trying to verify a domain in AD, the windowlet closes up after launch. Work around - use Firefox but...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. User Details screen Office Location field is not labeled correctly

On the 'WORK INFO' page of the user details view, the screen shows a field labeled 'Office Number'. The data displayed in the associated field is populated from the physicalDeliveryOfficeName attribute. The label is incorrect and should read either 'Office' or 'Office location'.

Refer attached image.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Filter by sourced from

Hi,
    My idea is to allow admins to filter by sourced type so they can see local AD user accounts that are synced together and also the in cloud accounts together.

Cheers

Ashley Watson

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Link

Hi,
    I get to azure AD via Office 365 at the moment, there is an admin section in Office 365 admin portal to get to Azure but there is no link back to the Office 365 portal which i find very annoying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Portal does not show all directories, but count does.

I am a directory administrator to my own directory, and co-administrator for another directory in another subscription.
    When I view the list of directories, filtered by my own subscription, or the other subscription, I don't see the other directory that I am a co-administrator. Moreover, when filtered by the other subscription (green), I show a directory count of 2, where the list only shows 1 (red). (see attached file)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Active Directory Module Does Not Load in Safari

The Active Directory module of the classic portal does not load in Safari. Every time I select it, an error pops up saying it cannot load the page due to an error and to try again later. It works just fine in Chrome and Firefox on a Mac, and IE, and Edge in Windows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Object ID columns into all the grids for users, groups, applications, etc

As a systems administrator that has to configure our own internal Line-Of-Business applications, it would be nice to have the ability to see Object IDs as columns in the grids (and export it too)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Wrong Name, please correct

Please Change Auftragsinformationen to Arbeitsinformationen (see attachment)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Support in Safari Browser

The classic portal has issues specifically when being used in Safari, both the desktop and mobile versions. specifically, modules such as Active Directory will error out, showing that they are unavailable or unable to load, even though I can open the exact same module in Chrome without issue. The AD Module, along with a few others, aren't in the new portal yet, so I have to use the classic one. Plus, the new portal doesn't work in Safari in iOS.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When searching for Groups, return results from Group Description, not just the Group Name

Key information is often placed in the Group Description field which should be searchable in AAD. Group Names are not always descriptive enough to find the correct Group. Indexing the Group Description field would make searching for Groups much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base