Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. stop signing me out!

When you put the new design into effect, i can no longer stay signed in. Please fix this! It gets really annoying to have to sign in every time i want to check my email on my own device

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send notification to all Office 365 Group owners when one renews the Group

The renewal notifications prior to Office 365 Group expiration are great! When there are multiple Group owners, all the owners receive the notifications. So far, so good. Now, if one of the owners decides to renew the Group, wouldn't it be nice if the other owners would receive a message that this particular Group has been renewed by person X?

Saves time for the other owners, and, more importantly, when one or more owners believe the Group should expire, all the owners can at least have a discussion before the next expiration cycle.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Correct behavior when Seamless SSO fails, so that the cursor is placed into password field.

Currently when Seamless SSO fails (example: due to signing on with a different user account than current), the cursor is placed into the username field rather than password. This typically then ends up having the user starting to type their password in clear text into the username field. This is especially a problem when sharing your screen with others, shoulder surfing, etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add a default login domain to the Company Branding Page

In education specifically, students in earlier grades can have difficulty with entering their full UPN.

In our case, we have our primary domain - school.org for all staff and a student subdomain - students.school.org. If we were able to specify a default authentication domain like students.school.org within our company branding settings, this would allow students to sign in with the first half of the UPN only.

We struggle with student logins to federated applications purely because of the domain portion of the UPN. Also, coming from using ADFS in the past, students never had to enter their full UPN in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow per-device credential management in iOS for WAAD accounts

I currently have +10 Microsoft developed apps towards Azure and Office365 on my iPhone. I also employ MFA for my account. On average I have to perform the sign-in flow 4-6 times per week on my personal iPhone for the various apps. E.g. OneNote has updated, have to log in again. OneDrive needs to re-login with my LiveID and OrgID. I just re-authenticated in OneNote, but opening PowerBI immediately after repeats the login flow. I just MFA authenticated in the Groups app, but switching to OneNote starts another auth process.

For a regular end-user this makes the use of the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. there should be an option to search the users or sort them in the azure active directory group members

when we create a group on azure active directory we add members in it but when the number increases and we need to track a user . it becomes a very tedious task as we dont have the option to search the user or sort them .

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Smart Lockout For Full Azure users is mandatory

We Implement Azure AD and Intune in our organization 600+ users some of them on hybrid and some of the Full AD join.

RIght now from a security perspective, there is an issue with SmartLockout feature, users can't be locked according to Microsoft support, in case they try to sign in with a bad password to their computer, which is very bad in case someone from outside will try to access company resources.

the answer was that it can be work only if we will disable user cache credentials and then in case of user don't have network access he…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Remove "No account? Create one!" in branding settings

We have branded the Azure AD login page that is used by all our end users to make them feel more at home. However, there's a choice on this branded login page saying "No account? Create one!" which creates confusion. Since we're running synchronized identities for most of our customers, this does not apply for them. Therefore, make it possible on the Azure AD Company branding settings page to:

Show "No account? Create one!" on the signed in page? YES or NO

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide Language Choice for Office 365 for synchronized users

My company has over 250,000 users that are spread across 40 countries in the world. As part of our journey to Office 365 we have performed a syncronization with Azure AD.

During this process we have many users who are using a different language within their country than that of the country they are assigned. An example is English users who are working from Belgium or the Netherlands.

By default what is happening is the users are being given the language for the country they are in as their default. They are not given the option to change this.

Outside…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live.*, @outlook.*, @hotmail.*)

Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live., @outlook., @hotmail.*)

But all other AD, @microsoft.com, @custom.tld are displaying the correct profile pic

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Access panel should customize by user

New access panel (https://myapplications.microsoft.com) can customize display icons by workspace owner only.
    Unfortunately, end users want to customize it like browsers' favorites.
    So would you like to create personal workspace and can edit anybody?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. set the Name field with csv when using Bulk invite to invite Azure AD guest users

When adding guest users via Bulk Invite in Azure AD, the name field is populated with the prefix of the email address. Frequently it's not the person's real name. I'll have to go back and modify them all. Please advise when this functionality will be added to Azure AD.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Display list of connected domains when creating new user

It would be nice to have a drop-down list of available domains when creating a new user in Azure AD just like we have at portal.office.com.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure AD Account Initials

The initials circle that is generated in Azure AD and propagated to other workloads seems to parse the DisplayName attribute which does not always render the correct initials. For example, if the CX uses "BusinessUnit-FirstName LastName (Contractor)" as a naming convention then everyone gets the exact same "BC" initials. This has been a complaint for way too long and is easily resolved by using the FirstName and LastName attributes to generate the correct initials and fall-back to DisplayName only if they are not populated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. AD Attribute Info (AKA Notes) for Groups should be sync to Cloud and Available to Exchange Online.

The AD Attribute Info (AKA Notes) is currently synced for Users but not for Groups. The companies I have worked before made heave use of it and surprise no one else complain. Also, its a field available in the GUI. I would think all attributes exposed via the GUI should have been synced.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Roaming User Profiles for Windows10 AzureAD joined only devices

Now modern workplaces are moving to the Cloud much more Windows 10 devices are AzureAD joined only. When users share their devices they want to store and keep their personal user settings against all those devices.

Enterprise State Roaming (ESR) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) are some solutions in this space. However they have some limitations using Windows 10 AzureAD only connected devices.

Therefore it would be valueable if Roaming User Profile management will be added to Microsoft Device Management solution.

One of our suggestions to reach this purpose is to combine the recently acquired FSLogix with Onedrive for this…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add option for Resend One Time Password

If we have a option for Resend OTP(One Time Password), it will be useful at times when the mobile phone is not having proper signal. Resend OTP with timer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Onboarding page for new users

For end-user experience / security / easy enrollment / completeness of profile information, it would be nice if there is a onboarding page for new users.

The users gets his or her personal account and temporary password with which he or she can login to the onboarding page. Login to other services is also possible but results in a redirect to the onboarding page.

On the onboarding page the user must reset the temporary password to it's own password (with customizable info about password requirements), fullfils the secret questions, can register to MFA and SSPR, can review, adjust and supplement…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Wait Until Submission to Display Errors

Wait Until Submission to Display Errors

Example: as soon as I begin typing into and email field, an error is displayed right away to indicate it is not a valid email value. This is very annoying for users.

It would be better to wait to display errors until the user clicks one of the "submit" buttons (Send verification email, create etc).

Or at the very least, wait until the field loses focus.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow the Forgot my password link to be changed to my own SSPR solution

Allow me to customize the Forgot my password link on the Azure AD sign in page so I can send users to our existing SSPR solution.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base