Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live.*, @outlook.*, @hotmail.*)

Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live.*, @outlook.*, @hotmail.*)

But all other AD, @microsoft.com, @custom.tld are displaying the correct profile pic

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. set the Name field with csv when using Bulk invite to invite Azure AD guest users

When adding guest users via Bulk Invite in Azure AD, the name field is populated with the prefix of the email address. Frequently it's not the person's real name. I'll have to go back and modify them all. Please advise when this functionality will be added to Azure AD.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Display list of connected domains when creating new user

It would be nice to have a drop-down list of available domains when creating a new user in Azure AD just like we have at portal.office.com.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Onboarding page for new users

For end-user experience / security / easy enrollment / completeness of profile information, it would be nice if there is a onboarding page for new users.

The users gets his or her personal account and temporary password with which he or she can login to the onboarding page. Login to other services is also possible but results in a redirect to the onboarding page.

On the onboarding page the user must reset the temporary password to it's own password (with customizable info about password requirements), fullfils the secret questions, can register to MFA and SSPR, can review, adjust and supplement…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Wait Until Submission to Display Errors

Wait Until Submission to Display Errors

Example: as soon as I begin typing into and email field, an error is displayed right away to indicate it is not a valid email value. This is very annoying for users.

It would be better to wait to display errors until the user clicks one of the "submit" buttons (Send verification email, create etc).

Or at the very least, wait until the field loses focus.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Allow the Forgot my password link to be changed to my own SSPR solution

Allow me to customize the Forgot my password link on the Azure AD sign in page so I can send users to our existing SSPR solution.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. there should be an option to search the users or sort them in the azure active directory group members

when we create a group on azure active directory we add members in it but when the number increases and we need to track a user . it becomes a very tedious task as we dont have the option to search the user or sort them .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Customize error message

We'd like to customize some of the error messages received throughout the SSO process. In particular AADSTS50178 User account 't***y@****.com' from identity provider does not exist in tenant '***' and cannot access the application. We believe giving us the ability to customize these messages and provide direction to our users when they encounter these errors will significantly cut down on traffic to the helpdesk and improve our end-user's experience.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add option for Resend One Time Password

If we have a option for Resend OTP(One Time Password), it will be useful at times when the mobile phone is not having proper signal. Resend OTP with timer.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MyApps Approval Request approval link

The link "Go to My Apps" should point at the application and the correct tenant where the approval was made. ex. https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/r?tenantId=1d063515-0000-4195-9486-ea65df434faa/applications

If the approval was made from a Azure B2B partner it doesn't make much sense to take the user to the users default directory

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Azure SSO access panel extension

Azure Access Panel extension needs to be more usable, make it an app instead of a browser extension. This would make work more universally with cloud software. The extension no longer works with FireFox, and as browsers change this is more likely to happen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support substring searches for groups in myapps.microsoft.com

When a user goes to myapps.microsoft.com and wants to join a group. The search query does not allow for partial names to be searched. A user needs to know the starting name for the group. As an example: a group named "Product and Service Management" if a users does a search for "Service" or "Management" the group will not display. The user would need to search for "Product" for the proper result to be returned. This search experience does not seem to be consistent with the other areas of myapps such as searching for groups you below or own or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send out an email when users gets assigned to application

I have been migrating our 100s of applications to Azure from an OpenAM SSO solution.
    When a user gets added to an application in Azure. It would be a great idea that the users gets an email stating that they have been added.
    If users can get alerts that a new application has been added for access, that would help with end user confusion.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Source of Authority in user overview page should show same info as Source in user profile

In New Azure Portal it would be of more use if
    Azure Active Directory -> Users and Groups -> All users
    page column "Source of Authority" would show that same value as in
    Azure Active Directory -> Users and Groups -> All users -> <click a user>-> Profile and field Source

Ps. This works better in Azure Classic Portal. Ds.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow the thumbnailPhoto attribute to be synced multiple times between Azure AD and Exchange Online

Currently, "The thumbnailPhoto attribute is synced only one time between Azure AD and Exchange Online. Any later changes to the attribute from the on-premises environment are not synced to the Exchange Online mailbox." Please remove this subsequent limitation so that updated photos propagate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove "No account? Create one!" in branding settings

We have branded the Azure AD login page that is used by all our end users to make them feel more at home. However, there's a choice on this branded login page saying "No account? Create one!" which creates confusion. Since we're running synchronized identities for most of our customers, this does not apply for them. Therefore, make it possible on the Azure AD Company branding settings page to:

Show "No account? Create one!" on the signed in page? YES or NO

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 step verification - I am the Admin and my phone number changed

You lost your phone or got a new phone number. If you've lost your phone or gotten a new number, you can either sign in using a different method or ask your administrator to clear your settings. We strongly recommend letting your administrator know if your phone was lost or stolen, so the appropriate updates can be made to your account. After your settings are cleared, you'll be prompted to register for two-step verification the next time you sign in. I cant get a verification code because the number that I am trying to update no longer exists and I…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide ability to Merge B2B accounts access into fully licensed Azure/o365 accounts

M&A scenario - Next Gen SID History.
    Previously handled on prem with SIDhistory. when B2B is utilised for early days M&A and guest/member is assigned access to apps and SPO etc - provide ability to merge all access rights into end state user object once merger and IT consolidate is complete.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. For the last 3 days, I have had to verify my Password every time I log on. Why is this happening?

For the last 3 days, I have had to verify my Password every time I log on. Why is this happening?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base