Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Force Azure Active Directory Join Out of Box Experience

The device is to be provisioned to a corporate user but will not be joined to the on-premises Active Directory. There should be a provisioning package option to force the user to join the device to Azure Active Directory rather than presenting other options that leave the machine in workgroup mode or given the option to join the on-premises domain.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have one portal

There are too many portals for administrators and end users. Users can be confused by the myapps.microsoft.com and portal.office.com/myapps pages. Each of these pages provides a different end user experiece. Administrative portals are a nightmare. Trying to provide temporary MFA code for a user involves going thorugh multiple portals to get to the appropriate area, and the user experience for this is still not clear.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Onboarding page for new users

For end-user experience / security / easy enrollment / completeness of profile information, it would be nice if there is a onboarding page for new users.

The users gets his or her personal account and temporary password with which he or she can login to the onboarding page. Login to other services is also possible but results in a redirect to the onboarding page.

On the onboarding page the user must reset the temporary password to it's own password (with customizable info about password requirements), fullfils the secret questions, can register to MFA and SSPR, can review, adjust and supplement…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. All Admin to hide some Self-Service Group tiles (such as Delete) in MyApps portal

Allow Admins to remove the Delete tile to prevent Group Owners from "Deleting" Azure AD Groups. We need to allow them to modify membership but not delete/edit/change ownership of the group that they have been granted owner access.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Seperate O365 Global Admin from Azure Global Admin

We have need to separate admin roles between O365 - we have administrators for Office 365 who are not Active Directory administrators. These roles need to be separated.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Password expiry notification for Azure AD joined devices?

It would be great if a Password Expiry notification could be implement for full Windows 10 Azure AD-joined clients in the same way as the domain joined clients receive them. A notification that pops up at bottom-right corner of the screen. At the moment I wasn't able to find any way of enabling that.
    We use Azure Directory Sync - no ADFS.

84 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow per-device credential management in iOS for WAAD accounts

I currently have +10 Microsoft developed apps towards Azure and Office365 on my iPhone. I also employ MFA for my account. On average I have to perform the sign-in flow 4-6 times per week on my personal iPhone for the various apps. E.g. OneNote has updated, have to log in again. OneDrive needs to re-login with my LiveID and OrgID. I just re-authenticated in OneNote, but opening PowerBI immediately after repeats the login flow. I just MFA authenticated in the Groups app, but switching to OneNote starts another auth process.

For a regular end-user this makes the use of the…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Wait Until Submission to Display Errors

Wait Until Submission to Display Errors

Example: as soon as I begin typing into and email field, an error is displayed right away to indicate it is not a valid email value. This is very annoying for users.

It would be better to wait to display errors until the user clicks one of the "submit" buttons (Send verification email, create etc).

Or at the very least, wait until the field loses focus.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enable redirecting back to the app after password change

We are using Azure Active Directory for authentication of our ASP.NET MVC app. We have a Change Password link (not reset password) and have set it to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx so the user can change it.

After they change their password or click cancel, instead of redirecting back to the application, it goes to https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/profile/default.aspx

Is it possible to pass in a redirect URL eg:

https://account.activedirectory.windowsazure.com/ChangePassword.aspx?redirect_uri=https://localhost:44324/

and redirect the user back to our application?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Username is incorrect when logging into the Azure portal

Recently, when I log into Azure my user id is incorrectly generated and stored in the browser. This occurs when I am logged into Azure and my connection times out. I have access to two subscriptions and it looks the like incorrect user ID is being generated by the subscription that I've been added as a co-admin on.

Attaching a screenshot of the issue. Let me know if you need more data to help debug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow more customization of the myapps.microsoft.com portal.

Would be great if I could forward a subdomain to our myapps.microsoft.com portal. Instead of giving users a the microsoft.com URL, I want to give them one.theblaze.com.

Second, would be great if there was a newsfeed widget at the top of the portal that could show an RSS feed of company news.

114 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for the feedback! Customizations of the My Apps portal for both end users and admins are on our roadmap. This includes providing the ability to re-arrange and group apps and as well as using a customizable domain.

We are also looking to see if we can enable embedding other components like widgets. We’re still in process of validating options for this.
    Please keep sharing your feedback and ideas around this!

12. SaaS Application experience

Plugin for SaaS application (logging onto Facebook, for example) presents to install plugin. There are issues on that page, and it may not be intuitive for users.
    Also plugin on Apple Mac OSX with Firefox 45.x version did not work, even after plugin installed successfully.

Attached is a screenshot of the issues on the page, they include:
    1: Formatting on page background shows the HTML code which it shouldn't. Looks unproffesional.
    2: when resizing the window, the context page does not re-center on the page.
    3: Report a problem Link is broken.
    4: Tip is not very intuitive for end…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow different login branding customizations per-domain

We have a number of subdomains in our tenant which are used for various purposes - clients, partners, staff etc.
    It would be great to be able to customise the login branding customisation settings on a per-domain basis rather than globally across the tenant.

147 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Switching between azure subscription is not smooth- user id gets a lot of unwanted characters and password is required

From new azure portal Switching between azure subscription is not smooth- user id gets a lot of unwanted characters and password is required

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug during save changes

HI,
    I've figure out a bug during save my changes. For the first time, it show "Save" and "Discard" button one time, but after change again, it show two times. So have a look into it and fix it. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No Microsoft account

Please scrap the whole Microsoft-account mess. I don't now how many services that get associated with the wrong account. I have a business Azure AD account to use for business purposes, and right now I have to dig around to find the services I am looking for as they are apparently under two different accounts, with the same name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Display name display plus sign and not blank space

We connect our Windows 10 devices and stations to Azure AD to enable SSO for Office 365. And it work great within Edge browser.

But sometimes, and we did not find out when, display name of user is broken by put "+" sign to display name for user. In this time, sign in does not work and user must log out itself from browser and log in back to gain access to Office 365.

Example:
    Login: user@company.cz
    Display name: User, Name (Company CZ)

And when Windows display it like User, Name+(Company+CZ), then sign in does not work.

We do not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live.*, @outlook.*, @hotmail.*)

Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live.*, @outlook.*, @hotmail.*)

But all other AD, @microsoft.com, @custom.tld are displaying the correct profile pic

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Device-level authentication as primary authentication like ADFS 4.0 (Windows 2016) in Azure AD

It would be AWESOME, if Azure Active Directory would provide device-level authentication as primary authentication like ADFS 4.0 (Windows 2016)

We need this please!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support HTML support in Azure AD Branding

My colleague and I receive several customer requests regarding enabling support HTML support in Azure AD Branding like Samuel D. (Mr.ADFS) provided for ADFS.

Microsoft currently only support plaintext for the "sign in page text".

Please support the following bold, italics, colours, etc. text and support href links?

Top request is for bold text and links. We don't need advanced stuff like JavaScript injection like in ADFS.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base