Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the Group Review Process owner to be changed through the GUI or Powershell

The current Azure Group review process automatically sends out an email when the scheduled task to the review the group members is activated. This email contains the owner of the task as a contact for the "reviewer" to contact if they have questions, and this owner may no longer be the correct contact. It would be useful to be able to change the owner on reviews so that the reviewer can be referred to the help desk, instead of having to delete the review and re-create the review which changes the review schedule

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement a windowed IDENTITY column definition

Please implement a windowed identity column that automatically initializes and increments over a window in columns in a table.

I would like the conceptual functionality of SelectedSubsetId below.

CREATE TABLE dbo.SelectedSubset
    (
    ItemSetId INT NOT NULL FOREIGN KEY REFERENCES dbo.ItemSet(ItemSetId),
    SelectedSubsetId INT NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1) OVER(PARTITION BY ItemSetId),
    PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED (ItemSetId, SelectedSubsetId )
    )

Where SelectedSubsetId would start at 1 and increment by 1 for each ItemSetId entered. Another table would would foreign key this primary key and add the item ids of the set

CREATE TABLE dbo.SubsetItems
    (
    ItemSetId INT NOT NULL,
    SelectedSubsetId INT NOT NULL,
    ItemId INT…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add dynamic owners to a group in addition to dynamic members

Currently, groups can be defined dynamically with rules. Please expand that capability to dynamically define owners as well. This will be especially useful for Microsoft Teams. When the current owner of a group leaves the company or role, the person who replaces him/her should automatically become the new owner of the group.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I downloaded and have used the app, but no icon appears on my pool home. Where is the app icon?

NEED! Auto-download of an app, so settings can be changed at need.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Azure AD Smart Lockout unlock capability for admins

I'm blown away by the lack of options once your account gets locked out by the Azure AD Smart Lockout feature. Not having the ability to monitor the account lockout duration or have the option to unlock an account using this feature is insane.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Runescape Guide: Firecape

I’m glad to introduce our guide encouraging you guys to get the Firecape by killing that red Hulk we all hate quickly from RSorder … THE TzTok-Jad in the Fire Caves.All the players desire this amazing cape because of the 4+ Strength and 11+ defensive stats, also if you want further access to Mor UI Rek this cape must be shown to the guards.

The fire cape is the second best melee cape in the game after the infernal cape; to get the infernal cape you have to sacrifice your Fire cape, giving it to TzHaar-Ket-Keh (I know this hurts,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regarding Password hash sync - Is it possible to enable password hash sync only for a group of our users?

Is it possible to enable password hash sync only for a group of our users? As in larger environment we cannot implement directly on all users . if this feature is there we can test around and implement

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Delivery of One-Time Password (OTP) over SMS

The new One-Time Password (OTP) functionality delivers the OTP to the external user using the email address originally configured for the user. Would it be possible to add functionality that will allow the OTP to be delivered optionally over an SMS message as well?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Roaming User Profiles for Windows10 AzureAD joined only devices

Now modern workplaces are moving to the Cloud much more Windows 10 devices are AzureAD joined only. When users share their devices they want to store and keep their personal user settings against all those devices.

Enterprise State Roaming (ESR) and User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) are some solutions in this space. However they have some limitations using Windows 10 AzureAD only connected devices.

Therefore it would be valueable if Roaming User Profile management will be added to Microsoft Device Management solution.

One of our suggestions to reach this purpose is to combine the recently acquired FSLogix with Onedrive for this…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide a feature to alert when the EA Account or Admins Log into Azure. This would help when any of the higher privileged accts are used

Provide a feature to alert when the EA Account or Admins Log into Azure. This would help when any of the higher privileged accts are used. Right now there's no way to alert in this scenario other than the what actions these accts have done after the fact. We want to know when these accts login before they actually perform any actions so we can correlate it back to approved change control tickets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Link user assignment to failed app login

If an app in Azure AD requires user assignment and the user trying to login to the app is not assigned a role in the app, the user gets the generic AADSTS50105 error (The signed in user xxxxx is not assigned a role for the application xxxxx).

Now, what if user self-service assignment has been allowed - would it be possible to include a link to the error page linking directly to the access panel where the user could request access to the application? Something like "Request access" - then the user could just click that and requrest assignment.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. AADDS: Make it possible to move Users synched from AAD to other OUs then "AADDC Users" OU

Putting all Users/Serviceaccounts synched from On-Prem AD in one OU is a little bit confusing...

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add some directions that are worthwhile. I am thrown onto the same screen time after time without any direction about what to do next, i.e.,

Even this “idea” area doesn’t allow thoughtful commentary. I got cut off of it, too. HORRIBLE APP!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. azure active directory

please give azure active directory the ability to add columns and make it sortable

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. azure active directory

Is there any way that Microsoft can replicate Azure Active Directory to complete the same functions that Active Directory does on Prem. and what I mean by that is add/remove columns such as city, state, etc... or is there already something there that I dont see. Anyway, I think it would be great feature to add.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support roaming of network printers with Enterprise State Roaming

It would be great if the connected network printers would also roam between different computers with Enterprise State Roaming.
    They roam with UE-V. But if you combine UE-V with Enterprise State Roaming (what is the recommended solution of Microsoft) you loose the possibility of roaming network printers.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Support roaming of more settings in Edge browser with Enterprise State Roaming

We're very happy that with Enterprise State Roaming we've got a solution to roam different settings from Edge browser, specially the favorites. But for a good end user experience it would be necessary that also the possibility to set a specific page as the homepage and other settings like the preferred search engine in the address bar would roam between different computers.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support pin to taskbar in Enterprise State Roaming

The taskbar settings work with Enterprise State Roaming, they roam between different computers, but not the pinned apps. When users work at different computers, the roaming of pinned apps would be the most valuable part of a roaming taskbar.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make it function

perhaps this could work and we could have the right data stored. When it goes wrong, we can contact someone with sufficient rights to correct your mistakes

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. My Apps for windows 10 start menu

When I use the My Apps Secure sign in extension for chrome or edge I can launch my Azure integrated apps with ease. I would love to see all the same apps on my Windows 10 start menu so I can customize, sort, categorize and whatever else Win 10 allows me to do. I manage Azure and Win 10 for 4,000 users and this could simplify management of web browsers, apps, desktop shortcuts etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base