Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow different login branding customizations per-domain

We have a number of subdomains in our tenant which are used for various purposes - clients, partners, staff etc.
    It would be great to be able to customise the login branding customisation settings on a per-domain basis rather than globally across the tenant.

151 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

14 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switching between azure subscription is not smooth- user id gets a lot of unwanted characters and password is required

From new azure portal Switching between azure subscription is not smooth- user id gets a lot of unwanted characters and password is required

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bug during save changes

HI,
    I've figure out a bug during save my changes. For the first time, it show "Save" and "Discard" button one time, but after change again, it show two times. So have a look into it and fix it. :)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. No Microsoft account

Please scrap the whole Microsoft-account mess. I don't now how many services that get associated with the wrong account. I have a business Azure AD account to use for business purposes, and right now I have to dig around to find the services I am looking for as they are apparently under two different accounts, with the same name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display name display plus sign and not blank space

We connect our Windows 10 devices and stations to Azure AD to enable SSO for Office 365. And it work great within Edge browser.

But sometimes, and we did not find out when, display name of user is broken by put "+" sign to display name for user. In this time, sign in does not work and user must log out itself from browser and log in back to gain access to Office 365.

Example:
    Login: user@company.cz
    Display name: User, Name (Company CZ)

And when Windows display it like User, Name+(Company+CZ), then sign in does not work.

We do not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live.*, @outlook.*, @hotmail.*)

Profile picture not displaying when sigin in with Microsoft account (@live., @outlook., @hotmail.*)

But all other AD, @microsoft.com, @custom.tld are displaying the correct profile pic

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Device-level authentication as primary authentication like ADFS 4.0 (Windows 2016) in Azure AD

It would be AWESOME, if Azure Active Directory would provide device-level authentication as primary authentication like ADFS 4.0 (Windows 2016)

We need this please!

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support HTML support in Azure AD Branding

My colleague and I receive several customer requests regarding enabling support HTML support in Azure AD Branding like Samuel D. (Mr.ADFS) provided for ADFS.

Microsoft currently only support plaintext for the "sign in page text".

Please support the following bold, italics, colours, etc. text and support href links?

Top request is for bold text and links. We don't need advanced stuff like JavaScript injection like in ADFS.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "We don't recognize this domain name"

Sometimes, when I try sign in, I get this error.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need to add categories of applications in the myapps portal

Need to add categories of applications in the myapps portal - as you add a large amount of SSO apps, need to make it easier for user to navigate

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks so much for the feedback! We know how important it is for users to have the ability to customize their app list and make it very easy to find their core applications.
    Customizations of the My Apps portal for both end users and admins are top priority on our roadmap. This includes providing the ability to re-arrange and group apps and provide users sets of categorized apps.

Please keep sharing your feedback and ideas around this!

11. Bug - Azure Portal - Active Directory

There are two "Default Directory" in the Active Directory tab of my account. I think this is a bug because whey would two be created when the system provisiioned the account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. About guidance in Microsoft Azure sign-in page

I wants input guidance for the information boxes in Microsoft Azure sign-in page.
    It is difficult to understand to input each information boxes in it.

For example, like the following link, Please add of help page in Microsoft Azure sign-in page.

Sample:
    Register your Azure AD subscription : Step 2 to 6
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn832618.aspx

Or, Please add input guidance for the information boxes on Microsoft Azure sign-in page.

<Japanese>
    Azure サインアップ画面で、各入力項目に何を入力してよいかわかりにくいため、
    以下のようなヘルプページの設置、もしくはサインアップ画面上でのガイダンスの追加を希望します。

サンプル:
    Azure AD サブスクリプションの登録:2~6番
    http://technet.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/dn832618.aspx

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Stop loggin on with Org account by default!!!

For some reason, MSFT decided that automatically logging onto he O365 org account by default was a good idea? Why? Almost everyone uses their Microsoft Account. In fact, we must use our MS account if we are developers and need to capture benefits from our partner relationships, etc. Yet, everytime I log off Azure and log back in, it automatically logs in to the Org account which has no assets.

Suggestion: Stop doing that

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix your login system

I'm not sure why, but Microsoft requires me to have three different accounts. I'm required to use my 'Personal' business account to login into Azure. I'm actually able to login in about 50% of the time. Same with publishing from VS. Constant login issues. Usually the only way to login is to try doing it 50 times and hoping it just works once.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Why do I have to sign in with a work or school account?

I am currently a student using Dreamspark and still trying to figure out account access and it is annoying that it keeps demanding that I sign in with a Work or school account, when I need to use my Microsoft account. However my Microsoft account which I use for Dreamspark, keeps telling me that I do not have an account, and it is trying to connect me with AN OLD work account that is now DEAD.
    I wish I could figure out how to remove this old account, but it keeps coming back, I do not want to use a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove confusion with which Microsoft Account and work account has the subscription

I am having a difficult time figuring out which e-mail address I log in with for the Azure portal and which Microsoft Account is connected to it and my MSDN Subscription benefits. When I log in, it seems like 3 different Azure Active Directory "domains" are connected to my MSDN Subscription, but I don't understand how they all got connected together.

I thought I had set up 2 different MSDN benefits and 2 separate Azure benefit subscriptions with 2 different e-mail logins, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I don't know what happened and it is very…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow AD users to login using their mail or mailNickname instead of userPrincipalName

Using the Microsoftonline.com login page when triggering a PromptBehavior of Auto or Always using the AcquireToken method in the ADAL library. It would be useful if users we have registered in our AD could use any email to login with. And not be forced to create a Microsoft or AD account.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Fix Error AADSTS50020 when logged in user doesn't have permissions to selected Application.

Currently if the logged in users doesnt exist in the Tenant Directory for a given application. The user is shown a very unhelpful page with the following:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble signing you in.
    We received a bad request.

The debug error is :
    AADSTS50020: User account 'some email address' from external identity provider 'https://sts.windows.net/someguid/&#39; is not supported for application 'https://someappurl'. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant. Please sign out and sign in again with an Azure Active Directory user account.

141 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  39 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Customizable Password Policy and Account Locking Features

1. Configurable password requirements (e.g., complex passwords, password length, character limitations etc)

2. Configurable number of attempts before Account is locked

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey folks, thanks for the interest in this, and we have some good news to share. Configurable lockout is in development now (mostly done, actually) and we’re aiming for June or July public preview.

For configurable password complexity, length, etc, we hear you. Longer passwords are in planning now, and we’re thinking about our approach to how we want to enable the other configurability features. I don’t have any more details to share on this for now, but we do have interest in building features.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base