Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a default login domain to the Company Branding Page

In education specifically, students in earlier grades can have difficulty with entering their full UPN.

In our case, we have our primary domain - school.org for all staff and a student subdomain - students.school.org. If we were able to specify a default authentication domain like students.school.org within our company branding settings, this would allow students to sign in with the first half of the UPN only.

We struggle with student logins to federated applications purely because of the domain portion of the UPN. Also, coming from using ADFS in the past, students never had to enter their full UPN in…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The success registration page gets displayed multiple times for converge registration . Ideallt this should be displayed only once

The success registration page should be displayed only once for converge registration . Ideally this should be displayed only once . As per design this page is displayed no of times based on products used by converge registration . IF user is using 100 products for converge registration then as per existing design the page will be displayed each time for each product

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve Bitlocker Recovery Key user experience

Current UX requires user to scramble find another internet access to find the recovery key(if they know what this is), then you need to enter the device keys and enter the long recovery keys. This UX is extremely painful and aggravating especially you are rushing. Please improve the user experience design by either adding this to Microsoft Authenticator, or some other solutions(QR code?) or eliminate this bitlocker nightmare completely from end user.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. create a custom attribute for cloud only users and be able to see this custom attribute is users's profile in Azure.

Create a custom attribute for cloud only users and be able to see this custom attribute is users's profile in Azure.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. set the Name field with csv when using Bulk invite to invite Azure AD guest users

When adding guest users via Bulk Invite in Azure AD, the name field is populated with the prefix of the email address. Frequently it's not the person's real name. I'll have to go back and modify them all. Please advise when this functionality will be added to Azure AD.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  End user experiences  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add tags to app registered under AzureAD

We normally practice tagging custom key/value pair to most of the resources. Following the same procedure while working with App registered under AzureAD we noticed that there is no direct way of creating tags for the same. The only way at this moment for adding tags to app registered under AzureAD is going to the manifest page for the respective item and manually adding tags to it.
    The tags key which is available in manifest only allows an array of strings rather than key/value pairs.

As a feature request -
    1. Please allow key/value pair to be added as tag…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Filters for Azure AD user overview

Add customized filtering in the AzureAD user overview like on the new Office365 user overview. Filtering should include AD attributes like department, position, usage location etc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Dette forsto jeg ikke. Skriv en punkt for punkt forklaring på NORSK.

Hvis det jeg skrev var for vanskelig å forstå. Hvordan tror dere det er å forstå alt det dere skrev for en eldre databruker. Dere er i Norge, her skriver vi norsk. Hvis dere ikke har norsktalende i staben deres, ansett noen. Dere har penger til det.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. your office 365 product ist to complicated. I wont buy it again. I need simple products. not hours of admin work.

your office 365 product ist to complicated. I wont buy it again. I need simple products. not hours of admin work.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the ability to disable users that haven't logging in after x amount of days.

Add the ability to disable users that haven't logged in after x number of days.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Organize member list view for groups

Is there a way to organize the members within a hybrid or cloud only group? I have a few groups who have more than one page of users who I would like to view in a chronological order similar to how users populate in Azure Active Directory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Bug: Password policy for cloud user accounts should allow the full alphabet

The password policy for cloud user accounts does not allow the three last letters of the alphabet.

This bug does not seem to apply to passwords for accounts created by e.g. DirSync.

BTW: I'm Danish, and the alphabet of our users goes from A to Å, with the three last letters being Æ, Ø and Å. Our users consider this a bug, just like English speaking users would consider it a bug if X, Y and Z were not allowed.

I'm sure Spanish and German speaking users have the same issue with ñ (as in mañana) and ö (as in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Let Azure AD retry failed exports with 429 response code as soon as the Retry-After has passed

We have implemented our own SCIM (2.0) Service with a rate limiting feature.

The Azure AD user provisioning application does not recognize 429 responses from our services when requests are sent to rapidly and just logs failures. These failures will be retried 40 minutes later, but this is a very long delay making an intial sync take way longer than needed. (especialy when the retries run into the rate limit again and again)

I suggest to retry requests that received a 429 response soon after the Retry-After header value ( has passed) to optimize the duration of a sync cycle.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Az.Compute Update-AzVM/VMSS should accept userAssignedIdentities dictionary as parameter

When assigning a user assigned identity to a VM/VMSS, the Az.Compute module command Update-AzVM/VMSS accepts the array IdentityIds but not the new parameter UserAssignedIdentities dictionary. Instead the command converts the IdentityIds array into the UserAssignedIdentities dictionary.

This is an inconvenience because a VM/VMSS can have up to 1000 identities. When updating the VM/VMSS, it is much more succinct to use a dictionary because then the user only needs to include the individual user assigned identities they want to add/remove. It also matches the pattern that already exists when they look at the identity information on the VM/VMSS.

With the IdentityIds…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. make terms of use available fpr non guest accounts in azuread

es wäre schön wenn man nutzungsbedingungen bei datei freigaben über sharepoint auch versenden kann, wenn ein user nicht als gast account angelegt wurde. aktuell muss man immer mit einem one time code die datei annehmen und kann keine nutzungsbedingungen anzeigen lassen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Is there a way to eliminate the 'Pick an account' prompt for single-sign on applications?

When enabling SSO for applications, we don't want Azure to prompt users to 'Pick an account' when first launching the application. Is there a way to improve the user experience of not having an additional prompt to get access to their SAS application?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow the ability to search from IAM at the subscription level and see all downstream access.

If I (or another) add user/identity access at a granular resource or resource group level I should be able to see that access when I search from the IAM blade at the subscription level.

For customers with large support organizations that have many engineers that need different levels of access and having to keep track of who/what you gave access at what level is a bit unreasonable.

I should be able to simply search from the top/subscription level and see what all access is granted to a user/identity so it can be removed when it is no longer needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support native peering cross subscription cross AD with AD Service Principle

We found Azure native peering supports cross subscription cross AD only at guess user level. But for AD Service Principle native peering does not have support for now. I think it is important since for application using Azure RESTAPI/SDK API to automate the peering, Service Principle is necessary. Hope Azure can add this capabitiliyt soon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide an option to prevent guest access to your application but allow all members

It would be nice to have an option for enterprise apps that when turned on or selected prevents guests in my tenant from accessing an Enterprise Application but allows all members to access the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base