Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Azure Active Directory

Welcome to the Azure Active Directory suggestions and feedback site! We love hearing from you. If you have suggestions, please submit an idea or vote up an idea. We are monitoring the site actively.

Thank you for joining our community and helping improve Azure AD!

Wehave a new log in experience integrated with Azure AD, and we stronglyrecommend you log in with your Azure AD (Office 365) account. If yourUserVoice account is the same email address as your Azure AD account, yourprevious activities will be automatically mapped to your Azure AD account.  You can read more here for details: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Azure-Active-Directory-Identity/Putting-customers-first-for-f...

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Poor experiencing

Been trialling B2C directory for a month and have to say it has been a disappointing experience. We had a number of issues deleting unused tenants and have been in contact with Azure support for over a month. Even now these issues are still unresolved. It feels the platform as a whole is immature. We have decided to stop evaluating Azure as our cloud platform.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  B2C  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. hubert@ptw.cloud

Extend the AAD B2C Azure Portal blades to also view and manage the current values of a user's custom attributes (claims). This is currently only possible via the Graph-API.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow Azure AD B2C Tenant to Link to EA or Sponsorship Subscription

During testing on Azure AD B2C, we found that the Tenant cannot be linked to a Enterprise Agreement or Azure Sponsorship Subscription - it requires a Pay-As-You-Go Subscription due to some billing requirements.

Since we cannot create Pay-As-You-Go Subscription under our main Account due to our Enterprise Agreement, this means that we are likely forced to create a new Azure Account/Tenant that is dissociated from our Enterprise Agreement account in order to test Azure AD B2C - this is not really a sustainable approach for Production usage.

Azure AD B2C should be improved to allow billing to draw from an…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Email verification/activation after sign-up

The local account sign-up page is confusing to the users and a common problem is that users are clicking "Create" button without verifying email. An alternative would be to let user fill in all the sign-up page details and create the account and then send a email for the user to activate their account.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Intune for B2C , Same as AADB2C is for AAD

Azure AD is good for Enterprise internal , Azure AD-B2C for enterprise customer , i realy want an Intunes Version for B2C , we don't want to depend to store provider to publish app in a specifc environnement

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reset Password confirmation message?

When local B2C user forgets their password and has to reset it there is no confirmation message to let the user know that they have updated their password.

Steps:
    Open portal
    click on Sign in option
    1. click on Forgot option
    2. enter email and click on Send verification code option
    3. enter verification code and click on change password option
    4. Enter new and Confirm new password and click on Continue button

password is updated and the users redirected to the sign in page without any confirmation.

Can a message be added before the redirect to let the user…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use original sign on sign up forms in-app without redirecting to azure ad's sign in page

I hate having to redirect to the azure ad page just to sign in my customers. I want to be able to build my own sign up and sign in pages inside the application, have my customers sign in to that app and manage the users in azure ad b2c. I don't want to customize the page, that's not what I'm here for. I hate redirecting, I don't want to be like that, I want that the app does the sign in and sign up with code inside the app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Relying party policy inheritance

Policy inheritance is great for structuring policies, but also raises the number of policies needed when developing multiple applications. Most applications have the same set of relying party policies, but have a different base policy. Therefore relying party policies have to be copied over and over again for a different base. Changing the way this inheritance works could save a lot of policies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Use claim resolvers in more places

The use of claim resolvers is restricted to certain places. When claim resolvers can be used in the PartnerClaimType, more dynamic policies can be created, thereby reducing the number of policies needed:

<OutputClaim ClaimTypeReferenceId="claim" PartnerClaimType="extension_{OIDC:ClientID}_claim" />

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Raise the limit for number of policies

Currently, the number of policies you can upload is limited to 50. When developing policies for multiple applications this limit is quickly reached. With a framework that generates application base policies and relying party policies for over 50 applications 100ths of policies will be needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Azure B2C Custom Signin page allow javascript

I would like to hide other IDP's in my custom login page (similar to how ACS did). It does not copy my javascript to inject into the Custom B2C page.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. B2C email

Support "click to finish Registratoin" instead of input a code.
    The lessen the burden of the user. Very important to Mobile App.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Azure AD B2C application should be able to be registered in "Azure Active Directory" blade after switch directory

After creating an Azure AD B2C tenant, and if you want to register an application, you must stay in the same directory and open the new tenant's B2C setting, and create an application from its "Applications" blade.

I tried below way, it does not work.
    I think it's a bug, as the Users and Sign-ins, Audit logs are consistent between "tenant setting" and "tenant's Azure AD setting (after switch directory)", why application registration is not?
    1. Create a B2C tenant
    2. Switch directory to the new tenant
    3. Open "Azure Active Directory", open blade "App registrations",
    4. Create an application,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom Source Email Address for Sign-up and Password Reset

Customers organization have blacklisted the following msonlineservicesteam@microsoftonline.com email address. Customers claim that they receive more fraudulent and spam email comes via this email address. Could we configure to different source email address potentially custom email address?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Fix custom attributes returned from GraphAPI

I have no idea why this strange stuff is part of my custom attribute but it makes it very awkward to do anything programatically with this as a property.

From the example: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory-b2c/active-directory-b2c-reference-custom-attr#use-a-custom-attribute-in-your-sign-up-policy

Why would you return me a funky attribute like this? Why can't it just be "extensionJerseyNumber"?

extension55dc0861f9a44eb999e0a8a872204adbJersey_Number

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. we are using AD B2C custom policies to provide login for external and corporate AD users. As per our business requirement user can login int

we are using AD B2C custom policies to provide login for external and corporate AD users. As per our business requirement user can login into our application with different/same user in multiple tabs on same browser. we are able to login successfully into our application with external/corporate AD user on single tab but when we try to login in next tab it is returning bad request instead of allowing user to login

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Improve the creation of blob storage

Improve the creation of blob storage for obtain the parameter to configure the project and can run it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Non-gallery applications would be able to choose Automatic Provisioning

Add the ability for Non-gallery applications to be able to choose Automatic Provisioning.

I have a lot of apps that are not in the gallery and I went to get them off VMwares Identity manager but can't. Please add this feature.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Looking Unique Id to handle users on my local DB

Here with providing my business requirement ‘My application is being accessed by two types of users called Internal (Organization AD) and External (third party vendors)’. So have decided to make use of Azure AD B2C tenant where external users sits in local AD to B2C and internal users sits in Organization AD tenant as separate (will be sync from on-premise AD).

Azure AD B2C tenant has been configured in such way that to authenticate internal users from my application, used Organization AD as one of the Custom Identity provider’s under Identity providers and to authenticate external users from my application,…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sign up only custom policy

Not sure if you can already do this, a custom policy for sign up only. At the moment when you are creating custom policies. You are only given the option for a sign up and sign in policy. I want to be able to click a button that triggers just a custom sign up policy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base