How can we improve Azure CDN?

Ability to force the CDN to refresh any cached content

A new API to send a request to the CDN so that it invalidates an previously cached item and forces a refetch from the origin - e.g. Azure Storage.
This would happen regardless of the original Cache Control header set for the blob.

1,644 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Clement GutelClement Gutel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Purge is now supported both via the CDN extension in the new Azure Portal (https://portal.azure.com) and via REST APIhttps://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt634451.aspx. This is currently only available for endpoints that are created using the new Azure Portal. Existing endpoints in the previous version of the portal (i.e. https://manage.windowsazure.com) will be migrated to the new Azure Portal in the beginning of 2016 and at that time purge support will also be available for use with them.

57 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ethan FEthan F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The purge option for given path is not working as expected and CDN continues to deliver the old version of the contents. There should be a ' Purge all ' or a another option that gives more control over the CDN.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can someone update on how to get authorization token, that is required to use this API end point?

How will we know when it will be available for existing endpoints created in the previous version of the portal?

EXCELLENT! Thanks to your team for this. When do you anticipate this to be added to the Azure PS CmdLets?

This feature is essential for us as well! Any news about when we can expect it to go live?

• subhashsubhash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is on-demand cache clear option still there ? it is Late Nov 2015. Either via Mgmt portal or powershell fine. please respond immediately.

• subhashsubhash commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It seems there are no much option for CDN administration via powershell or Mgmt portal - especially for admins. For ex : clear cache content, if we see incorrect results on my website. See the traffic / logs for CDN. Today, if I redirect my website requests/jhostname to CDN...and CDN doesn't provide website correctly (though website works if I point DNS directly to cloudapp), there seems no way to troubleshoot. please add these.., or correct if im missing something

Default TTL for caching on the CDN is 7 days (!), but not possible to purge at the moment.
        1 mistake and you're screwed for a week, unless you contact support to purge for you.

Really looking forward to this feature.

• DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Less than 2 months to go, we hvae over 200k images on there CDN this likely is going to make us move on.. :(

• StephanStephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this as well, otherwise we have to switch back to the competition.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base