Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Don't return 204 on content update

Have a read:
    http://blog.ploeh.dk/2013/04/30/rest-lesson-learned-avoid-204-responses/
    When building a library like that node-azure-media library you want to provide a callback that the user can interpret. Not providing the updated entity in the body of the request is completely illogical and against any common practices. Please return a 200 with the updated entity in the body for ALL MERGE requests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  REST API and Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Costume azure media player quality level name

the default name like : 720p-3.5Mbps ... 540p-2.3Mbps..

I just want show like HD, SD...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add support for ISO/IEC 14496-30:2014 WebVTT captions to AMP

Fragmented captions in ISO BMFF are a must - if AMP supported these, it would be a fair bit ahead of the competition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. [Bug] Media service streaming units

I uploaded a video into Media service and then created a H264 Adaptive Bitrate video from it. I can't publish this if there are no streaming units configured. So I configured one and then published the video. Now if I scale streaming unit back to 0, the Play button for streaming unit is still available although there is no streaming unit to back it. When i play this view, I get "Network error". Shouldn't the Play button be disabled if there are no streaming units configured?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Asset ID to get it from Management Console

To manytime to get Asset using Asset ID, we have to run the program code. to easy management, Appear Asset ID in Management Console is so useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Drouin responded

Thank you for this feedback, we will consider it in future reviews of the media services management portal. You are welcome to add details of how/where you would like to see this displayed.

6. Add a referrer white list to allow video stream or prevent

Could you add a whitelist of websites that would only allow video to be streamed if your servers received the request from particular web pages, perhaps using the request "Referrer".
    A sort of poor mans security over assets that you don't want other websites from having on there sites and using your data costs.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 7 8 9 11 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base