Azure Media Services

How can we improve Azure Media Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dynamic Watermark generator

It would be nice if I could protect my videos generating a watermark with the email or Id of the user that is watching the video. This way, I can track in case of piracy. Today there's a landmark in client side, but i would like something at serverside embedded in the video. I believe that it won't be possible for users to hide it or at least more difficult.

10 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Content Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Free AMS from iPhone Proxy by Migrating to AMP

Problem:

In order to play encrypted streams on iPhones using the AES token pattern, one must use a proxy to transform the manifest to one that is digestible by iPhones. This requires special knowledge of how to integrate the proxy code on GitHub into one's application, thus reducing adoption of this excellent way of securing AMS videos.

Solution:

My solution is to port the 20 lines of c# code in the manifest proxy controller into the AMP javascript itself, thus eliminating the need for adopters of this pattern to know anything about the proxy. The javascript would transform the returning…

4 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Token Authentication

Single Access Token (SAT) protection would make sense in case people would like to share a video securely, this means that after a certian time to live the link won't work any longer.

4 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Content Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Playready license requests need to be faster

The current SLA is 30 seconds. Frequently we are seeing much longer times than that.

30 seconds is a long time in the eyes of a user expecting sub second responses.

3 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Content Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Separate content keys to encrypt each video and audio track for Widevine

Widevine recommends to use separate content keys to encrypt each video and audio track.
            https://www.widevine.com/product_news.html

However, Azure Media Services support only single content key for all tracks.

We found some Android devices which security level are L1 can't play if license demand hardware security and the content key of audio is as same as one of video.
            It's not all of Android L1 devices but some of them. It depends on implementation by manufacturer.

It is serious problem because we can't provide HD track for these devices.
            I hope Media Services support separated content keys as soon as possible.

2 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

• IP address restriction to Azure Media Services Key Delivery Services

A kind of proxy service will be in the front-end of Key Delivery Services to support advanced access control to acquire keys/licenses in some scenarios. It would be very helpful if this may be considered.

2 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

• What is keyDeliveryServiceUri?

What is the URL for the AMS license delivery service -- to get PlayReady/WideVine licenses?

keyDeliveryServiceUri
                on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/previous/media-services-pass-authentication-tokens

I have externally encrypted (common encryption), externally hosted content, a Secure Token Service (STS), and a registered Asset/StreamingLocator/StreamingLocatorContentKey

The DRM works with ClearKey, and PlayReady/WideVine test keys -- I just need real licenses.

1 vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow a custom C# method to authenticate stream access

It would be great if we could upload a C# class (implementing an interface) with custom authentication checks.

The method could accept a JSON data object that could be passed with the stream URL. In the method we could check against a database or something to allow or deny access to the stream.

1 vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

• 1 vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base