Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Video compositing through AMS Advanced Encoder

The lack of an implementation of video compositing (similar to the current overlay/watermark implementation but with video content) has consistently been the only thing stopping me from using AMS for multiple projects.

Simplified example JSON:

"CompositionMedia": [

{

"Position": {
    "X": 100,
    "Y": 100,
    "Width": 100,
    "Height": 50
    },
    "Source": "video2.mp4",
    "Clip": {
    "Starts": "00:00:20",
    "Duration": "00:00:10"
    }
    },
    {
    "Position": {
    "X": 150,
    "Y": 150,
    "Width": 50,
    "Height": 100
    },
    "Source": "video3.mp4",
    "Clip": {
    "Starts": "00:00:25",
    "Duration": "00:00:05"
    }
    }

]

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Render single output audio track for Source Video with multiple edit-list type Audio Tracks

Render single output audio track for Source Video with multiple edit-list type Audio Tracks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. {ThumbnailTime} macro for Media Encoder Standard

Please add {ThumbnailTime} macro like it was in Azure Media Encoder.
    Usually we extract thumbs not only for see but for navigate by video (click on thumb will do jump command on video player)

Parsing {ThumbnailTime} we can know exact timecode to jump. This is the base feature for media asset managers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Reveal your new prices now not on the same day you implement the change

Shocked to see you are changing you're pricing model with 1 months notice and you are not actually revealing the exact pricing until the day the changes go live! How is your this possible? My system is built around a well understood pricing model and your change is going to dramatically increase my costs because we encode lots of video to low resolution. And you aren't even telling us that how much it will cost! How's can I run my business if I don't have details of price changes and then allow several months for the change to take place…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separated Maximum Values of Resevable Encode Units per Editions on Media Services

I want to have separated maximum values of reservable encoding units per edition(Basic/Standard/Premium).

I use Media Services Encoder for a video streaming service. I usually only need to reserve Standard's 3-5 encoding units for our service. However, I sometimes need to encode several thousand videos within a month. In this case, default value of the maximum units, 25 is not enough even if I upgrade the edition to Premium. So I requested MS Support to increase the max value of reservable encoding units as 100 in Premium. But there is a problem:

the maximum value is reset to 25 when…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. mp4 with catption

Can I download MP4 with caption?

For FFMPEG:
    ffmpeg.exe -i jimaku.vtt jimaku.
    ffmpeg.exe -i input.mp4 -vf "
    =jimaku.***" output.mp4

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Overlay a video with another video - alpha mov

Hi team, it would be useful to add video files as overlays as well as images so alpha movs can be overlaid the original source file.

This is a capability we currently use with other encoding services that would be nice to have in Azure so we can keep it all in one place.

Any thoughts?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for clipping videos with AMS v3

v2 allowed you to clip videos by specifying a start time and clip duration.
    A similar v3 feature would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow fractional percentages

I would like to specify an encoder profile with fractional percentages, wherever percentages can already be used.

For example, I would like to be able to produce thumbnails with exactly 1/8th the height of the input video, by specifying a percentage of 12.5%.

If I try this now, I get an error:

Error : ErrorProcessingTask : An error has occurred. Stage: ApplyEncodeCommand. Code: System.FormatException.

Microsoft.Cloud.Media.Encoding.PresetException: Failed to enable StretchMode in the preset. --->
    System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Support QTRLE codec as input

We use AMS to convert different inputs into mp4 h.264 for previewing purposes. We've seen an increase in usage of videos with this codec in our application, and are currently unable to provide preview for these files.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QuickTime_Animation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Date/Time Stamp Encoding into video from HD Metadata

Looking for ability to add Date/Time stamp into the video during encode

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Leave previous version available in Media Encoders

Each processor of Media Encoder Stanadard/Premium Workflow has the only latest version now.
    However, I've experienced some errors caused by the update of Media Encoder's processor.

So I want to use the previous version if some problem is found.
    Please leave previous version available until next update.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Support file length larger than 32 characters

When you encode an assets and specify an output name longer than 32 characters the name gets truncated to 32 characters.

Exmaple:

"123456123456123456123456123456123456123456123456.ism"

becomes:

"12345612345612345612345612345612.ism"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. redaction support to MXF file

Using redactor for post production process need to suppoft MXF or some professional file/codec. It's useful the redoctor support MXF file as output.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/media-services/media-services-face-redaction

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Use "Adaptive Streaming" (or any other) preset with an Overlay

I like to use the preset "Adaptive Streaming" as it meets all of my needs, but would like to add an image watermark (overlay) to the video.

Ideally, an overlay feels like a separate option from bitrates, so it would be able to be supplied as a separate option from these presets. Alternative, if I could find the "Adaptive Streaming" preset template, I would be able to modify this existing preset into a custom one, but I haven't found a template. I have found multiple templates for other presets (https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/media-services/media-services-mes-presets-overview.md), but not one for "Adaptive Streaming".

Adding an…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support encoding from FLV file with On2's VP6 codec

When uploading FLV files with VP6 codec I received the error "Unable to encode the source file xxxxx.flv, it contains an unsupported video codec: vp6f, name: On2 VP6 (Flash version)"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Support GoPro Cineform HD codec

Is the GoPro Cineform HD codec supported as incoming video format? I get an error anytime I try to use such a file so Im assuming it is not. Can someone confirm please? Unfortunately the error message is simply "An error has occurred. Stage: ApplyEncodeCommand. Code: 0x00000001."

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base