Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Asset Filter with spaces in name cannot be played with Azure Media Player. Taking out the spaces works.

Asset Filter with spaces in name cannot be played with Azure Media Player. Taking out the spaces works.

Please fix player to play asset filters with names or special characters in name.

Broken Examples:

https://myaccount.streaming.mediaservices.windows.XXXXX.ism/manifest(filter=Abc 123)

https://myaccount.streaming.mediaservices.windows.XXXXX.ism/manifest(filter=Abc%20123)

Working example - no space in filter name

https://myaccount.streaming.mediaservices.windows.XXXXX.ism/manifest(filter=Abc123)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Azure media player - enable resolution for progressive MP4 video urls

For smoothstream url with ism manifest it shows bitrate resolution option on player to chnage it.
    how to achieve custom resolution (like 720p , 540p and 360p) for the progressive MP4 videos. where user can choose resolution on player itself and default will be 720p?

There is no plugin for resolution option if source of player is progressive mp4.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Azure Media Player: Support Live Smooth Streaming Playback in HTML5/JavaScript

I use Smooth Streaming as ingest of Live Streaming.
    To check streaming status, I need to play preview URL.
    However, Smooth Streaming is only supported in Flash and Silverlight.
    So browsers I can use is restricted.
    Please support smooth streaming in HTML5/JavaScript mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Cache for the CDN-version

How come the CDN-versions of AMP does not supply any cache-headers?

Most other external scripts seem to leverage cache, and I'd understand if this is a bad idea for "latest", but any specific version should be cached (or allow for a specific cached-url).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Support Safari Picture In Picture on macOS

Support the native Safari Picture In Picture button for media player. This button is added automatically to players that support the native player controls, or can be added to a contextual menu for players with customer controls (see YouTube for an example with the double right click).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The player examples on http://ampdemo.azureedge.net/ do not work in Edge or Internet Explorer!

The Azure Media Player examples on http://ampdemo.azureedge.net/ only work in Chrome and nothing else. How is it possible that your examples do not work in products of your own company?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to block user from seeking forward video content

I am new to Azure Media Player, sorry if the question is answered previously.

Currently, I am working on education app, where a user takes a course by watching videos. Now what I want is, a user should not be able to seek video at the end time, whereas a user can seek wherever he/she wants, till the point he/she has completed a video.

e.g. if I am showing video of length 10.00 minutes and a user has watched till 5.00, at this point user can seek at any time between 00.00 to 5.00 but a user can't seek after…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure Media Player-Vertical writing area

Vertical writing area's position is rightish.
    And the lower left is the standard for its range.
    I want to change the top to the standard.
    Because sentences are difficult to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. displays CC at the beginning of playback

If it is not yet、I'd like to add options that displays CC at the beginning of playback.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please can you put dates on the changelog for Azure Media Player

Please can you put dates on the changelog for Azure Media Player.
    https://amp.azure.net/libs/amp/latest/docs/changelog.html

Thanks
    Alistair

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Edge should play HLS by default instead of the built in javascript heuristics that are battery draining.

Edge has built in support for HLS and should use bulitin support that is more battery friendly than the javascript based MSE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Costume azure media player quality level name

the default name like : 720p-3.5Mbps ... 540p-2.3Mbps..

I just want show like HD, SD...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add support for ISO/IEC 14496-30:2014 WebVTT captions to AMP

Fragmented captions in ISO BMFF are a must - if AMP supported these, it would be a fair bit ahead of the competition.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 4 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base