How can we improve Azure Media Services?

Have Developer Account with lot more service usage

Have Developer Account with lot more service usage.

I am finding this very restrictive as a developer to use the MSDN account. All I have is 1 streaming unit allocated, and all I do is just use 1 simple video, and go thru many iterations of Upload/Encode/Protect & Play either using Azure Media Explorer/Azure Media Player or our App we are developing. I don't even think I might have done this so many times. Say around 15 or may be 20 times. This is not being used or exposed to rest of the world, not even within my co-workers. My subscription is deactivated because apparently I consumed my spending limits.
Just like for SQL, you have a developer edition free like sqlexpress or Localdb, you should have a developer edition subscription for developing apps. How am I supposed to get it right, without rehearsing these many times ?
May be a downloadable trimmed version of Media Service, I can install in my localhost itself, which can use local storage itself. All I care about is the web api it exposes and client player should be able to talk to it.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R Sridharan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base