How can we improve Azure Media Services?

Enable a truly live stream facility

Our current system allows us to stream live events to 250k viewers at 2 second latency which is a requirement of the type of events we stream, this is not using any fancy hardware, just a laptop and a camera attached. The best I can get on azure is 20 seconds end-to-end streaming, this is not really live and once I add mobile devices that delay goes up. I would like a truly live stream facility that would enable me to use azure to stream at 2 second latencies end-to-end like I have right now.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Disco Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding another comment in support of a client need for low latency (sub 3 second) "live" streaming. Add in allowing WebRTC to push video to a channel and no storage usage..

• Disco Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@AMS If you would like any feedback on how to implement or ideas for this service, please feel free to get in touch. We run multiple events for many hours every day using a low latency platform.

@Jason Suess Unfortunately there is no way for me to edit the title of the post.

• Jason Suess commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Disco Dave, is it possible for you to change the title of this request to something like "Low latency live streaming". I think more of the folks here will more easily understand your request and we (the product team) will be able to get a better idea of how many customers have this same request.

Feedback and Knowledge Base