Azure Media Services

How can we improve Azure Media Services?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. i would like to learn dolbly digital media audio video internet tv service setup

i would like to lean dolbly digital media mosu airwave tv antena internet setup

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Does Azure Media Player support vertical caption positioning via WebVTT?

I am able to position a caption horizontally using the annotation in my WebVTT source, but vertical positioning does not appear to work.

Using the file attached as a subtitle track, the subtitles are correctly positioned horizontally to the left, but the "line" attribute seems to be ignored (it should display vertically centred but instead is on the bottom as always).

The "line" attribute is described in the WebVTT documentation:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebVTT_API#Cue_settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Does Azure Media Player support vertical caption positioning via WebVTT?

I am able to position a caption horizontally using the annotation in my WebVTT source, but vertical positioning does not appear to work.

Using the file attached as a subtitle track, the subtitles are correctly positioned horizontally to the left, but the "line" attribute seems to be ignored (it should display vertically centred but instead is on the bottom as always).

The "line" attribute is described in the WebVTT documentation:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebVTT_API#Cue_settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Is there final support of Video Only assets in Azure Media Player since the feature "Video Only" marked as done?

Is there final support of Video Only assets in Azure Media Player since the feature "Video Only" marked as done in version 2.3.0?

https://amp.azure.net/libs/amp/latest/docs/features.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make it work on Internet Explorer 11 in any configuration

Hello,

Here my problem. I've customer in big companies that use IE11 the problem is that on some computer configuration it doesn't work.

Win 7 enterprise, Win 8 enterprise for exemple.

The worst is that it work perfectly on Firefox and Chrome. I've checked the different thread and nothing seams to work.

Flash player is correctly installed and configured.
    No media package for Win 8

I know IE11 is obsolete but tell that to the big companies that have capitalise on it and are slow to change all the company computers.

Or provide a real workaround.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. No forma de que la codificacion sea mas rápido ? un video de 1gb me tarda alto es lento este codificación ?

No forma de que la codificación sea mas rápido ? un video de 1gb me tarda alto es lento este codificación ? es muy lento la codificación

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. remove the "Microsoft Azure Media Services

como elimino el logo remove the "Microsoft Azure Media Services" ?
    necesito los pasos pls

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. bug: AMP exits all fullscreen within site instead of just its own element

Situation:
    Website is opened in fullscreen using fullscreenElement with AMP player loaded in the page. AMP is made fullscreen. Escape-key OR exit fullscreen button is pressed in AMP fullscreen mode.

Behaviour:
    The AMP-JS exits all fullscreen elements and the page is not in full screen anymore.

Expected behaviour:
    The AMP-JS exits only its own fullscreen element and the page stays fullscreen.

The Azure media player exits the fullscreen for the whole page instead of just its own element within the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Default Captions on Mobile

I am following the example here:
    https://amp.azure.net/libs/amp/latest/samples/dynamic_selectTextTrack.html

I want captions to automatically show when the video starts playing. While this method is working on desktop and tablet browsers, on IOS and Android phones captions do not appear unless manually turned on. The videos in my project are NOT playing in IOS fullscreen mode - they play inline on the page. Captions do show if they are manually turned on from the player controls.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Nonlinear ads in azure media player

how can i intagrate Nonlinear ads into azure media player :

if linear ads is working just fine =>
    client side :
    ampAds:{
    preRoll: {}
    ..}

<Creative id="video" sequence="1" AdID="">
    <NonLinearAds>
    <NonLinear width="216" height="121" minSuggestedDuration="00:00:15">
    <StaticResource creativeType="image/png"><![CDATA[http://myserver/images/image.png]]></StaticResource>
    <StaticResource creativeType="image/jpg"><![CDATA[http://myserver/images/image.jpg]]></StaticResource>
    </NonLinear>
    <TrackingEvents>
    <Tracking event="acceptInvitation"><![CDATA[http://myserver/tracking/trackingID]></Tracking>
    <Tracking event="collapse"><![CDATA[http://myserver/tracking/trackingID2]]></Tracking>
    </TrackingEvents>
    </NonLinearAds>
    </Creative>

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Asset Filter with spaces in name cannot be played with Azure Media Player. Taking out the spaces works.

Asset Filter with spaces in name cannot be played with Azure Media Player. Taking out the spaces works.

Please fix player to play asset filters with names or special characters in name.

Broken Examples:

https://myaccount.streaming.mediaservices.windows.XXXXX.ism/manifest(filter=Abc 123)

https://myaccount.streaming.mediaservices.windows.XXXXX.ism/manifest(filter=Abc%20123)

Working example - no space in filter name

https://myaccount.streaming.mediaservices.windows.XXXXX.ism/manifest(filter=Abc123)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stateless Proxy for AES HLS Encrypted video Streaming on IOS

Token authorized AES encrypted HLS stream in IOS Safari.

Since Apple doesn't allow to make secondary call via browser (only via native stack), it is becoming a big issue. Can Azure provide a service like stateless proxy (bypass) or connector to handle secondary level call, so instead of having separate proxy farm can this be done in Azure Ecosystem?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure media player - enable resolution for progressive MP4 video urls

For smoothstream url with ism manifest it shows bitrate resolution option on player to chnage it.
    how to achieve custom resolution (like 720p , 540p and 360p) for the progressive MP4 videos. where user can choose resolution on player itself and default will be 720p?

There is no plugin for resolution option if source of player is progressive mp4.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Azure Media Player: Support Live Smooth Streaming Playback in HTML5/JavaScript

I use Smooth Streaming as ingest of Live Streaming.
    To check streaming status, I need to play preview URL.
    However, Smooth Streaming is only supported in Flash and Silverlight.
    So browsers I can use is restricted.
    Please support smooth streaming in HTML5/JavaScript mode.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. AzureHtml5js to obey preload="none"

Using the recommended techOrder, starting with azureHtml5js, I can't seem to stop the stream from preloading. This really adds up to a lot of downloading in views that are often refreshed.

Placing Html5-tech first seems to help, but this is not a good solution obviously.

Please add an option to control preloading from any tech.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Cache for the CDN-version

How come the CDN-versions of AMP does not supply any cache-headers?

Most other external scripts seem to leverage cache, and I'd understand if this is a bad idea for "latest", but any specific version should be cached (or allow for a specific cached-url).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring Azure Media Clipper to Office 365 Stream

Perhaps this idea doesn’t belong here, if so, I apologize.

But pretty please, do it anyway. It makes a lot of sense to me to be able to edit clips in Stream.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base