Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Live viewer count

I am using AMS and AMP for live streaming. I could not find anything to get the live viewer count. Is there anyway to get this or this will be implemented in future?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Remove unnecessary 'z-index' from controls elements.

Some controls(vjs-big-play-button and vjs-control-bar) has 'z-index' property in CSS.

I maid a modal dialog using react-modal, but vjs-big-play-button and vjs-control-bar are displayed in surface of the dialog.
    The player and my dialog both works fine when I override 'z-index' into 'initial'.

So these 'z-index' properties are unnecessary.
    Please remove it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow for ingest of SRT (Secure Reliable Transport) video

As an advisory member of the SRT alliance, Microsoft should think of adding SRT video support to allow for the direct ingest of SRT video streams into Azure Media Services. This will allow for very low latency, secure, and internet resilient video (up to 2% packet loss sustained) to be sent for re-play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resizing DRM content on the new Edge is inconsistent

When you play DRM-protected content on the new Edge, maximizing the player is inconsistent.

When you maximize and restore multiple times, the content doesn't fit the full screen size.

This causes other problems when you zoom in on the content.

I have not observed the same problem in other browsers.

It also doesn't happen if the content isn't protected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please provide Subresource Integrity Hash

When publishing versions of Azure Media Player on CDN, please provide the Subresource Integrity Hash too for the script tag use. Ideally documentation should provide the script tag itself that can be copy pasted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Terraform Module for Media Service Content Key Policy

We can use Terraform to create the Media Service, but cannot use it to create the Content Key Policies.

We would like this module to be create to create a complete deployment of the Media Service.

Media Service: https://registry.terraform.io/providers/hashicorp/azurerm/latest/docs/resources/mediaservicesaccount

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  REST API and Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. how to Live stream RTMP from an Android Phone

I'm trying to stream my camera to Azure Media Services Live Event. I'm using Media Services' REST-API to obtain the ingest URL, however the docs don't mention how to stream RTMP from an Android Phone.
    So far I've tried quiet a few Android RTMP publishing libraries available on Git but each one of them fails at establishing a connection. The list of libraries I've tried so far:
    https://github.com/TakuSemba/RtmpPublisher (Fails internally NDK while opening a connection)
    https://github.com/pedroSG94/rtmp-rtsp-stream-client-java (Fails while expecting to receive a header from the ingest URL)
    And several others all exhibiting one of the two above mentioned behaviors.
    I've…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. special char

When upload a file whose filename including special char like &!_ there is no warning. and the video cannot be played. Suggesting having a check for illegal characters when users are inputing via this UI.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VOD Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Stop taking things backwards... and stop making it harder to use...

Until a few weeks ago, the last time I encoded a video for streaming, things were pretty straightforward.

Now with the new UI I can't get anything to encode & stream at all, despite multiple attempts - the player fires up and then reports a network error and to ry again later... error code 0x20200190.

I have a deadline to meet, and right now the only way I can get new video on my site is to host it on the site, not on Azure Media Services - I want to use AMS with the CDN and adaptive streaming for…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 最新のAdobe Media Encoderでm2ts読み込むと、エラーになります。対処方ありますか?

最新のAdobe Media Encoderでm2ts読み込むと、エラーになります。対処方ありますか?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support Standard Microsoft CDN on Streaming endpoints

Streaming endpoints right now can be configured using Standard Verizon, Premium Verizon or Standard Akamai. Add option to support Standard Microsoft CDN too.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  CDN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AMP Live Captions 'deny list' to exclude words from captions

Add support on the AMP to configure a 'deny list' of words to be excluded from live captioning.

Currently it only blocks words related to insults or offensive terms, but we need to prevent the player from showing other words as well.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Update Azure Media Player's typings for typescript such that it includes all the properties needed.

The typings file does not contain properties in Options such as height, width etc.

It's very inconvenient.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Azure media player doesn't go full screen in iPad progressive web application (PWA)

The fullscreen feature for azure media player while streaming videos does not work in iPad PWA.

I am using azure media player with an angular 8 application.
    Attached my azure media player configuration code:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Query about widevine lib version, thanks

About the sample on demand (Big Buck Bunny), I'd like to know which widevine version the server support.

If client use widevine drm lib higher than v14, is it able to play?

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. explorer tool

Can we have the AMS Explorer tool that can be used on MAC.
    I would want to install this tool on MacBook (macOS).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Phrase error statements like "ERROR_INVALID_STATE " more customer friendly

Please phrase error statements like "ERRORINVALIDSTATE " more customer friendly to provide better feedback to the customer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Get Asset or Streaming Locator Metrics on Bytes/Bandwidth Used

We are planning on using AMS for a SAAS video hosting platform but we need to be able to segment data usage per asset/video/streaming locator so we can track both storage and bandwidth used.

Ideally we would be able to periodically request this data through the API for an asset or subscribe to events to get this metadata.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add support for ARM architecture in Live-Video-Analytics edge module

The recently released LVA IoT edge module works on only AMD64 and x64. Devices like raspberrypi are powerful enough to deploy LVA on the edge.

Please add support for ARM architecture in LVA IoT edge module.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Media Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base