Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Get Asset or Streaming Locator Metrics on Bytes/Bandwidth Used

We are planning on using AMS for a SAAS video hosting platform but we need to be able to segment data usage per asset/video/streaming locator so we can track both storage and bandwidth used.

Ideally we would be able to periodically request this data through the API for an asset or subscribe to events to get this metadata.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search operations should span more than the first page of results.

When using the v3 SDK to find an Asset GetAsync and ListAsync should search the entire collection of Assets and not just the first page. Currently if you have an Asset that is beyond the first page of results GetAsync and ListAsync (where Query for ListAsync is $filter = name eq 'thename') doesn't exist on the first page (first 1000 Assets) you don't get a result. The only option is to List all assets and search client side, advancing through each page to locate the asset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. JobState allows assigning null value using implicit string operator

The struct Microsoft.Azure.Management.Media.Models.JobState allows assigning a JobState struct a null value (struct should not be allowed to be null).

For instance, I can use the following test code that will throw an exception when comparing the state variable with the null value.
    This is due to the implicit string operator that allows creating an instance using the private constructor new JobState(null)

[Test]

public void JobStateAndNullTest()
    {
    JobState state = null;

if(state==null)
    Console.WriteLine("State is null");
    else
    {
    Console.WriteLine($"State is {state}");
    }
    }

I think this is bad since no compilation error is thrown when writing this code. You should not be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide proper documentation for client SDK in iOS.

How to play widevine encrypted(Using Azure Media Service) video on iOS app. Is there any SDK or Frameworks Available.

If yes please provide us the proper documentation.

I found this github link (https://github.com/WindowsAzure/azure-media-player-framework) but its showing an error message of "Page Not Found".

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Remove StorageEncrypted documentation since it is no longer needed and causes problems with dynamic encryption if used

Remove StorageEncrypted documentation since it is no longer needed and causes problems with dynamic encryption if used.

Azure storage accounts are already encrypted so StorageEncrypted is wasteful.

In addition Dynamic deliver encryption cannot be used if StorageEncrypted is applied.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. download video

Please provide rest api to download asset file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Have Developer Account with lot more service usage

Have Developer Account with lot more service usage.

I am finding this very restrictive as a developer to use the MSDN account. All I have is 1 streaming unit allocated, and all I do is just use 1 simple video, and go thru many iterations of Upload/Encode/Protect & Play either using Azure Media Explorer/Azure Media Player or our App we are developing. I don't even think I might have done this so many times. Say around 15 or may be 20 times. This is not being used or exposed to rest of the world, not even within my co-workers. My…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base