Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Azure Media Player - start playing with 1st Audio Track, not the last one

Azure Media Player starts play last Audio Track, not the first one (in mp4 files). Please add an option to start playing first Audio Track by default.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow newer image formats to be used for posters

As a user I would like to be able to provide a list of images to the poster parameter of the player that would be used like an html 5 picture tag, So that I can use newer image formats like webp for my posters but fall back to the older formats if needed.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Pass X-Forwarded-For in Request

As an Ad Server, I want to be able to know the originating users IP address SO THAT I can target a user based on time of day, day of week, or even weather.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Purchase Aspera in Azure marketplace and CSP

Cannot found 'Aspera on demand' in Azure marketplace nor CSP portal, please confirm if this service can purchased via Azure?
    https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/media-services/previous/media-services-upload-files-with-aspera.md

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Does Azure Media Player support vertical caption positioning via WebVTT?

I am able to position a caption horizontally using the annotation in my WebVTT source, but vertical positioning does not appear to work.

Using the file attached as a subtitle track, the subtitles are correctly positioned horizontally to the left, but the "line" attribute seems to be ignored (it should display vertically centred but instead is on the bottom as always).

The "line" attribute is described in the WebVTT documentation:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebVTT_API#Cue_settings

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Is there final support of Video Only assets in Azure Media Player since the feature "Video Only" marked as done?

Is there final support of Video Only assets in Azure Media Player since the feature "Video Only" marked as done in version 2.3.0?

https://amp.azure.net/libs/amp/latest/docs/features.html

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Does Azure Media Player support vertical caption positioning via WebVTT?

I am able to position a caption horizontally using the annotation in my WebVTT source, but vertical positioning does not appear to work.

Using the file attached as a subtitle track, the subtitles are correctly positioned horizontally to the left, but the "line" attribute seems to be ignored (it should display vertically centred but instead is on the bottom as always).

The "line" attribute is described in the WebVTT documentation:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/API/WebVTT_API#Cue_settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. remove the "Microsoft Azure Media Services

como elimino el logo remove the "Microsoft Azure Media Services" ?
    necesito los pasos pls

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. No forma de que la codificacion sea mas rápido ? un video de 1gb me tarda alto es lento este codificación ?

No forma de que la codificación sea mas rápido ? un video de 1gb me tarda alto es lento este codificación ? es muy lento la codificación

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. bug: AMP exits all fullscreen within site instead of just its own element

Situation:
    Website is opened in fullscreen using fullscreenElement with AMP player loaded in the page. AMP is made fullscreen. Escape-key OR exit fullscreen button is pressed in AMP fullscreen mode.

Behaviour:
    The AMP-JS exits all fullscreen elements and the page is not in full screen anymore.

Expected behaviour:
    The AMP-JS exits only its own fullscreen element and the page stays fullscreen.

The Azure media player exits the fullscreen for the whole page instead of just its own element within the page.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add Npm package for Amp with typescript definitions

Right now it is difficult if you use webpack or similar because it relies heavily on npm and node_modules. It would be highly beneficial if this was setup properly for AMP with full typescript definitions available in the package as well.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add support for videos without audio tracks

Not sure if it's by design or not, but AMP fails if there is no audio track.

I can see a number of valid business cases for videos with no audio tracks.

The errors:
    MEDIA_ERR_SRC_NOT_SUPPORTED
    error: azureHtml5JS: workflowSequencer: stepRejected: Module = streamSelector FailureCode = 0x00400003err: Video or audio streams not found

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. azuremediaplayer.min.js:38 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'add' on 'DOMTokenList': The token provided must not be empty

Since Azure Media Player version 2.1.0 and above, the exception below occurs and style seems to be broken.

azuremediaplayer.min.js:38 Uncaught DOMException: Failed to execute 'add' on 'DOMTokenList': The token provided must not be empty.

Refer to the attached screenshot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Aria & Accessibility Improvements

Using the aXe plugin and Accessibility Developer Tools in Chrome, the following accessibility issues arise as severe/critical. The player has been made keyboard accessible, but some of these other issues should be looked at to comply with current accessibility standards:

• Aria-expanded property not allowed on role="menuitem".
    (Elements: .vjs-chapters-button, .amp-audiotracks-control, .vjs-subtitles-button, .vjs-captions-button, .amp-quality-control)

• Proper aria parent (role="menu" / role="menubar") is not present for menuitem.
    (Elements: .vjs-chapters-button, .amp-audiotracks-control, .vjs-subtitles-button, .vjs-captions-button, .amp-quality-control)

• Invalid aria attribute value: aria-valuenow="NaN".
    (Element: .vjs-progress-holder)

• Elements with aria roles must ensure required owned elements are present. Element needs children with role of menuitem since it…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Timeline Preview

The Timeline Preview displays static thumbnails that correspond to the video's playhead location in the Player's seek-bar. Hovering over any time location in the seek-bar will display the relevant Timeline Preview tooltip. This allows viewers to skim quickly through the video's playback and skip to interest points easily.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Automatically show Thumbnail near the seek bar

After generating Thumbnail by MES, it need to development task to set Thumbnail file to Azure Media Player.
    This is very common task and it's useful to frameworked by Azure Media Player

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Video player sample support for 360 Video Streaming needed!!

I have verified that with any one of a number of 3rd Party/open source html 5 player I can render 360' video uploaded to AMS. However in all cases they can only bind to the progressive download link created by generating a Locator. None work with the adaptive stream. It would be great if we had a reference player from AMS team that enable consumption of either source from AMS. Something along the lines of a player similar to http://vrinnovation.net/vrvideo/ would be awesome!

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add event listener to track changes of selected closed captions/subtitles in the player.

We would like to know how much are closed captions/subtitles used in the player (how many times are different CC/subtitles selected from the menu).

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add support for Chromecast

I would love to see Chromecast support added to the media player for desktop and mobile.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the AMP code open source and leverage the community for development.

Submit the code on github. This makes it easier for developers to contribute and enhance players. Also there are several existing javascript DASH implementataions which can be easily plugged in if needed.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base