Azure Media Services

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add support for ARM architecture in Live-Video-Analytics edge module

The recently released LVA IoT edge module works on only AMD64 and x64. Devices like raspberrypi are powerful enough to deploy LVA on the edge.

Please add support for ARM architecture in LVA IoT edge module.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Media Analytics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Azure Media Player to playback content while prohibiting users from interacting (pausing, rewinding, fast forwarding, etc.)

Allow Azure Media Player to playback content while prohibiting users from interacting (pausing, rewinding, fast forwarding, etc.) with the player. An example would like like specifying the video as an ad in Azure Media Player coding: http://amp.azure.net/libs/amp/latest/docs/index.html#amp.adelement.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Azure Media Player  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Assets so hierarchy can be created instead of placing every asset in one flat directory

Improve Assets section so I can create folders instead of placing every asset in one flat directory. One flat directory structure with encoded media also placed there creates a jumbled mess to sort through when there are 10,000+ contents there, let alone 50,000+ contents.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. explorer tool

Can we have the AMS Explorer tool that can be used on MAC.
    I would want to install this tool on MacBook (macOS).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add AV1 video coder support

Is it possible in a future release to support AV1 encoding instead of H.264? I know the software and hardware encoder isn't really out for consumers yet but it does show promise of better data compression compared to H.264 and is royalty-free compared to H.265.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Phrase error statements like "ERROR_INVALID_STATE " more customer friendly

Please phrase error statements like "ERRORINVALIDSTATE " more customer friendly to provide better feedback to the customer

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Get Asset or Streaming Locator Metrics on Bytes/Bandwidth Used

We are planning on using AMS for a SAAS video hosting platform but we need to be able to segment data usage per asset/video/streaming locator so we can track both storage and bandwidth used.

Ideally we would be able to periodically request this data through the API for an asset or subscribe to events to get this metadata.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client SDK  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. wmv encode fail

encode a wmv file got an error with:

Microsoft.Media.Encoding.Common.Commands.CommandLineException: StartTime and Duration specified resulted in empty output.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make streaming endpoints cheaper

Standard streaming endpoints and premium streaming units are too expensive. Please do not turn this into another Cosmos DB debacle.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  VOD Streaming  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Encoding and Processing  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. can we provide API to convert english.vtt to any other language in video indexer?

If we have .vtt file for any supported language, then API should allow to transcript the file to requested language, without videoid or indexerid

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make Widevine licence canPersist parameter work in AMP. Document Widevine parameters that (do not) work with AMP

As the title says - the Widevine licence canPersist=true parameter does not work in AMP. I have spent several days trying to make canParse work. Then I had conversation with microsoft support only to be told this is not possible with AMP currently. I believe this is so crucial information that this should be definitely mentioned somewhere in the AMP docs or WidevineLicence sample docs.

Is there a list which parameters of Widevine licence can be actualy used and work with AMP? Is there any roadplan to implement this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Search operations should span more than the first page of results.

When using the v3 SDK to find an Asset GetAsync and ListAsync should search the entire collection of Assets and not just the first page. Currently if you have an Asset that is beyond the first page of results GetAsync and ListAsync (where Query for ListAsync is $filter = name eq 'thename') doesn't exist on the first page (first 1000 Assets) you don't get a result. The only option is to List all assets and search client side, advancing through each page to locate the asset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Far too complex for a beginner

• I though this would be a 'product in a box' I could use - not so simple. I do not want to deal with code!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow AMSE v3 to export .xls from Assets

AMSE v2 exports .xls files from Assets with manifest included. It's a essencial tool for multiple processing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Persistent DRM license with periodic home call

Is it possible to have a persistent DRM license, but make the player re-request it once in a while? Kind of "check with the server once a week, whether your license is still valid".

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Content Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. JobState allows assigning null value using implicit string operator

The struct Microsoft.Azure.Management.Media.Models.JobState allows assigning a JobState struct a null value (struct should not be allowed to be null).

For instance, I can use the following test code that will throw an exception when comparing the state variable with the null value.
    This is due to the implicit string operator that allows creating an instance using the private constructor new JobState(null)

[Test]

public void JobStateAndNullTest()
    {
    JobState state = null;

if(state==null)
    Console.WriteLine("State is null");
    else
    {
    Console.WriteLine($"State is {state}");
    }
    }

I think this is bad since no compilation error is thrown when writing this code. You should not be…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. mms wmv streaming

I want stream wmv video from a mms server. but i can't find the options

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)