Cloud Services (Web and Worker Role)

1. Machine keys corrupt on OS Family 5 deployments

Good bug details here, multiple repros:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/45058200/setting-apppool-identity-on-windows-server-2016-azure-cloud-service-throw-come

In short: You cannot - programmatically or manually via RD - change the identity of an apppool - because machine keys are corrupt on the images used for family 5 os.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Local resource too large" message should include maximum possible size

When I deploy a cloud service I can specify "LocalStorage" elements inside service specification. If I specify more than it's available on the role instance I get this error message:

Validation Errors: Total requested resources are too large for the specified VM size.

which is rather useless because it does not mention the limit value.

It should include "maximum available is THIS MUCH megabytes" wording.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow VIP swap when either of deployments is scaling

I have a cloud service that contains internal logic which sometimes issues "Update Deployment Configuration" operations to scale the service up or down. I need to publish a newer version, so I deploy a staging deployment, then run VIP swap but it fails all the time until scaling operation completes. That's the current limitation. This makes me waste a lot of time - I have to first disable scaling logic, wait till the production deployment completes scaling operations which were already in progress, then deploy, then swap, then enable scaling back. What could take half an hour now takes three…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Stripping away trailing dots

We bumped into this old issue of .NET framework stripping away all trailing dots from all URI path segments.
    Some docs on the issue:
    • Description of the issue: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/5206beca-071f-485d-a2bd-657d635239c9/bug-in-uri-class-with-periods?forum=netfxbcl
    • Similar, with official workaround (I can’t access the original tho): https://stackoverflow.com/questions/856885/httpwebrequest-to-url-with-dot-at-the-end
    • Attached picture of .NET 4.5 original release notes

Important information is that this problem was fixed for assemblies targeting .NET framework 4.5+.
    That is why we wanted to get rid of a nasty hack in our applications which previously targeted .NET framework younger than 4.5. However, we found out that after removing the hack, the stripping was…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. internal load-balancer configurations per deployment

As of today in azure we can configure only one ILB per deployment (cloud service). This is causing some major issues ...leading us inability to create SQL HA (via Availability group ), if we have multiple instances of SQL are installed via listerner.
    This is a drawback since more than 1.5 yrs.
    When will this be resolved ?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make incremental scaling faster

I run a cloud service that handles resource-intensive processing of data. Data arrives from users. Processing each chunk of data takes about ten core-seconds. Sometimes as little as five hundred chunks per hour arrive. Sometimes several thousand chunks arrive is just several minutes. One thousand chunks takes 2,8 core-hours to process. This is why my service contains auto-scaling logic. If it sees that load has notably increased it issues a "Change Deployment Configuration" operation to scale the service out. It may so happen that users continue sending even more chunks of data and the service issues another "Change Deployment Configuration"…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. %approot% drive size is very limited - Please provide an option to increase the size

The %approot% drive size (Cloud service E drive) is limited to 1.5 GB. Could you please provide an option to increase to size of this E Drive.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Adding alert rules to a cloudservice is not working

Adding an alert rule (like high CPU) to a cloudservice is not working (at least for two days now). When you click 'Add new rule' a new tile pops up where you need to select Resource, Name, Metric etc. This tile won't initiate properly. The ajax throbbler on top will keep animating and non of the resources or metrics are selectable.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ArgumentOutOfRangeException on Azure RemoteForwarder Plugin

I currently have an Azure CloudService running and when I check the 'WADDiagnosticInfrastructureLogsTable',
    there is an error coming out every minute.
    The details are as the following.

Exception:
    System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException:
    Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: lengthServer
    stack trace:
    at System.String.Substring(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length)
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteForwarder.RdpRemoteEndpointFinder.GetRemoteEndpoint(Socket clientSocket, Stream peekBuffer)Exception rethrown at [0]:
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteForwarder.IRemoteEndpointFinder.GetRemoteEndpoint(Socket clientSocket, Stream peekBuffer)
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteForwarder.RemoteForwardingService.ClientConnected(Object sender, ConnectionEventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteForwarder.TcpSocketServer.OnClientConnected(ConnectionEventArgs e)

CloudService Config:

<ConfigurationSettings>
    <Setting name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteAccess.Enabled" value="true" />
    <Setting name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteAccess.AccountUsername" value="*** omitted intentionally ***" />
    <Setting name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteAccess.AccountEncryptedPassword" value="*** omitted intentionally ***" />
    <Setting name="Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Plugins.RemoteAccess.AccountExpiration" value="2017-11-04T23:59:59.0000000+09:00"…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Alerts to PaaS on missing monitoring data

We had a problem which lead to customer outage where "Could not automatically scale *** because monitoring data was not found" lead to autoscale scaling down to some default which couldn't handle the load.

We saw 3-4 instances of missing monitoring data each day, and the outages lasted for hours and days.

When we created a support ticket for this issue, PaaS found an error and fixed it, we have not seen monitoring outages after that.

Please implement alerting on missing monitoring so that it can be fixed before it causes outages for our customers.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow VIP swap when either of deployments is recycling

Suppose I have a bug that suddenly manifests itself in production deployment and this causes some instances to fail and recycle. I identify the bug, fix it in my code, prepare a new service package and deploy it into staging. I then try "swap VIP" but it fails all the time - that's how it currently works. Which means I cannot replace my faulty code with good code without downtime. VIP swap primary purpose is to prevent downtime and this is the scenario where it is needed the most but it doesn't work here.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve inconsistent support for ReservedIP address casing

Just spent a couple days trying to figure out why I was getting an error when trying to update CSCFG from the Azure portal.
    Turns out I had messed up the casing of my ReservedIP in the cscfg. I was able to deploy correctly, and the Cloud Service ran fine, but when I tried to update the settings I would get the error:

Failed to save configuration settings for slot 'production'. Error: The Change Deployment Configuration operation failed for the domain 'xxxxxxxxxxx' in the deployment slot 'production' with the name 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx': 'A reserved IP cannot be added, removed or changed…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. azure的安全性設計有問題.

azure的安全性設計有問題.
    我使用free test帳號 and 開啟付費帳號.
    但原先用azure cli free帳號可使用.開啟付費反而不可用.
    一樣要下載帳號檔.設計成這樣太差了吧.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. How to get complete Azure ARM VM Size information with Processors information

How to get complete Azure ARM VM Size information with Processors information.

Like I would to know the current Azure ARM VM Standard Size with the following Details.

1) VM Size Standard Seris
    2) What Processor is being used
    3) Memory Size

$VM = Get-AzureRmVMSize -Location CentralIndia

Kindly help with the information or MSDN Link to get the complete Azure ARM Hardware details.

Thanks,
    Gulab

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Azure worker role IP address problem

Whenever I start cloud service with, for example, 3 instances, in compute emulator I can see that client can access load balancer on address 127.0.0.2:[port] not 127.0.0.1:[port] as it should be (because I want client to connect via localhost:[port]).

How do I fix this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. SERVERS REQUIRED FOR USERS OF PAKISTAN

Please establish servers in Pakistan and Dubai as there are no nearby servers for Pakistan. The minimum latency that we get here in Pakistan is around 250ms which is too high for developing projects and playing online games from your servers.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Cloud Services (Web and Worker Role)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base