How can we improve Azure Cloud Services (Web and Worker Role)?

Add Cloud Services as an available resource when working with templates in an Azure Resource Group project in Visual Studio 2015

460 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Kaz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Microsoft
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dima commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi John,

Tried to reach you via email, but got no response. Could you please share the templates.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I managed to get this CS deploying in an ARM template with loads of trouble no documentation and lots of reverse engineering of the api.

probably unsupported but it seems to work for me. not as accurate as other systems feel free to ping me if you want a copy of the templates. john@installpac.com

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI to those asking about ARM support for Cloud Service:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/resource-manager-deployment-model/

Classic
    Cloud Service was a container for holding the virtual machines that required Availability from the platform and Load Balancing.

ARM
    Cloud Service is no longer an object required for creating a Virtual Machine using the new model.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get the ability to maintain the CSPKG and CSCFG with ARM Support in Templates? Couldn't you just have Parameters that point to BLOB storage as part of a template? Or VSTS Folder Drops as Targets of the Packaged Code files?

• Rajanikanth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if I need to deploy cloud service (cspkg, cscfg) , still need to go through the azure powershell route? can't use ARM template?

• zmorris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any kind of response from the MS team would be greatly appreciated...

this is now partially supported in ARM. i have successfully added storage accounts, cs, vnets using ARM. still trying to work out if cscfg is supported.

• Marek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add full Resoure Manager support and please stop ignoring PaaS!

Few years back Cloud Services are promoted all over the place, now they are given what can only be described as a slow death without much communication on future plans. Get it together.

• Jahmai Lay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have it on good authority that this item only adds PaaS cloud services to visual studio templates and does not add ARM compatability for those hanging out for that feature. I have also been informed there is no plans to change that.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to move to Service Fabric from Cloud Services, but cannot do that until our (large) company decides to move on from Windows 7. We're stuck with cloud services and need a better way to manage them. Please get these shoehorned into templates!

• Oleksii commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea started in Jan 2016.
    Could you please provide a rough estimates where it can be delivered?
    We are looking forward for it...

What is the status of this? It's been almost 2 months. We really need this immediately. Don't give us a half-baked solution that still forces us to migrate to App Service Plan or Service Fabric (look at comments below on what this resource provider needs to be able to do).

I second the importance of this, pointing to the other comments listing exactly what we need, too.

• Petar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ability to connect cloud services and vm created with ARM in same vnet is very important

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base