Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How long can a functionality be in preview?

Just wondering how long a functionality can be in preview, i.e. asking people to look at a sugested new function, try it, build competence around it, but not being ble to use it in a production scenario (unless using it unsupported)?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/configure-connect-to-azure-storage?pivots=container-linux
    This has been in preview for over two years now. I am of course asking because I would find this really useful... but it looks like it will never be shipped.

I do get a feeling, as it seems not work as good on windows web apps, that Linux web apps are hold back.

KR;
    Bjørn Hasselberg

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Linux  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Private Endpoint support for WebApp in Azure Government Cloud

Allow Private Endpoint support for WebApp in Azure Government Cloud. At the moment Azure Government Cloud does not seem to have this feature enabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incorrect price for Linux B1 plan ?

Hello,

I want to create a Linux App Service with B1 plan with . When i select the plan, estimated price is about 11€/month but when i pass to Verify step, the estimated price becomes 57,87 €/month (attached photo). Is it normal ? Which price is correct ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. the given documentation for SSH in Azure webapp container does not work.

I have looked and used the given documentation for enabling SSH in my dockerfile but still does not work on Azure Webapp container. IT works in AWS.

I am trying to deploy sonarqube dockerfile on Azure Webapp container and included the given steps for enabling SSH in the sonarqube dockerfile but no luck.

It feels like the given the SSH instructions only work in your provided microsoft image (like .net based images). Can you please try to implement this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. IP restrictions for whole vnet

It would be very useful to be able to enable access of a whole vnet, instead of individually specifying the subnets. It also adds additional management overhead, because whenever new subnets are added and they need access, the list needs to be updated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow App Service plan Logs to point to Application Insights instance

As of now, app service plan "Logs" blade always point to the app service plan resource. However, application insights is the most common form of log resource that gets tethered to an app service plan. While we can manually point to that resource or simply browse to it every time, it is inconvenient to do so since users are usually reviewing the app service plan resource first. This should be an easy configuration to add(defaultLogResource?) and would provide much value for users simply chaining from app service plan to it's application insight resource.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Grant an access to Kudu to external users without assigning the Website Contributor role

We have some partners (external users) who only need to access the Kudu (SSH access to execute shell calls such as npm, composer, horizon...) of an app service (Linux), but we don't want to give them the Website Contributor role. So, how do we give them an access to the Kudu web only (https://appservicename.scm.azurewebsites.net)?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 10 Reasons to Get a Microsoft Azure Certification

Azure is Microsoft's cloud offering, which has grown significantly in recent years. Companies have combined Azure compatibility, that why many IT professionals need Microsoft Azure certification.

Read on to learn about the top ten benefits of getting a Microsoft Azure certification.

1. Flexible Career

2. Attractive Salary Package

3. Fast Learning Process

4. Lower IT Costs

5. Improved Security Standards

6. Proof of Commitment

7. Enterprise Agreement Support

8. Professional Development

9. Improved DevOps Skills

10. Improve your Artificial Intelligence Skills

Conclusion

The growing demand for work in the field of cloud computing is a good enough reason to obtain an Azure certification. Get the credentials of Microsoft Azure with…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allowing App Service backup to storage account in same region

Currently App Service backups to storage account in same region does not work unless access is allowed from all IPs.
    We want storage account access to be allowed from all networks.
    In Storage Accounts -> Networking there is option to allow access to selected virtual networks only. But as per support this does not work if the App Service and Storage account are in the same region.

Please refer support case with TrackingID#2103070050000783

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unify commentsection of same Site Pages regardless of the languages

Dear Microsoft Team

I would strongly recommend to unify the comments under the Site Pages regardless of the languages. In that way, all people see everybodies comments regardless of their language. The Webpart "Noticeboard" from LiveTiles includes that feature already.
    That would be very practical for the Person that "monitors" the comments and also to further improve and motivate people to comment and answer, discuss under the different Site Pages.
    As the feature of having the same pages in different languages hasn't been implemented too long ago, this might already be on your plan, but not yet implemented?
    Thanks in…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. No separate restriction permissions between Web config and Network config under "Microsoft Web App"

I have created a custom role for existing "Websites Contributor" to restrict our web developers from seeing (read) and editing (write/delete) the Network config in the Networking blade section of the App Service. In the Permission sections of the "Microsoft web App", I excluded all the Network.config/* NOT to be accessed for (read/write/delete). However this doesn't work and our developers are still able to see and change the networking blades. The only way to restrict them accessing this blade is to block the web config in general, but we dont want that way. Microsoft need to work this really hard…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sentinel or semaphore to be available on all instances of an app service

This could be implemented in many different ways - but it would be great to have some kind of semaphore or sentinal or "event" that could notify the internals of all instances of an app service about some important thing. For example, local cache-busting events. Of course it is currently possible by using a polling mechanism to cause some stateful thing to happen in persistent storage and leave it up to each app instance to poll for that thing. But I mean something where a method or delegate or handler is listening on each app service instance and if any…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Support 'Deployment Slots' for 'Azure Storage' for 'Web App for Containers'

Azure App Service supports running containers. Settings->Configuration allows the definition of Application settings, General settings and Path mapping. Application settings can be defined as a 'Deployment slot setting' so they stick to the deployment slot and don't get swapped. The path mappings on the other side don't support to be deployment slot specific. So, currently without this option, if you have a Azure file share configured, after swapping, the staging slot will access the file share for production and the production slot will access the file share for staging.
    IMO, it should be possible to configure a path mapping to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allows inclusion list for client certificate

Having an inclusion list for paths that requires client cert will enable scenario migrating paths to require client certs gradually.

For example, if an api app have all versions of routes. v5 is the first one to require client certs, the exclusion list would be long, but an inclusion list could as simple as: /v5/.

Is it possible to allow the user to choose from using either the inclusion list or the exclusion list for web apps?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. static web app - General Availability timeline

What is the timeline for the general availability of the static web app service?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hello,I have an issue with App Service Health Check.

Hello, I have an issue with App Services Health Check.
    The interval ping default time is 5 minutes. It got us with some troubles in being blacklisted, so we have the urge to have it expanded to 15 mins or more.
    How can we achieve it ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Top 6 Reasons to Get a Microsoft Azure Certification

Recently, the whole concept of computing has changed the paradigm for cloud computing. The Internet computing model provides joint processing of data and computers for computers and other devices.
    Cloud computing facilitates universal access to a common set of computing resources, allowing information to be transferred easily and with minimal effort. With cloud computing, users and organizations can now store and process data in third-party data storage centers. This is cost-effective for businesses, as they do not need to invest an excessive amount in IT infrastructure.

As most organizations around the world use the cloud, there is a high demand…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. create alert on access restriction when add/remove IPs with full details

we need to have detailed alert on add/remove any IP in access restriction on App Services, who add/remove, IP address, IP name

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Gallery  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Better filter options on documentation

Filtering by a single text string is not very helpful in this documentation, if I don't know which features and sections of the documentation apply to my employers level of capabilities. It would be much more useful to have filtering options based on which options are available based on our subscription (for example, Azure AD subscription level), and exclude features which I don't need to learn, otherwise the entire documentation set becomes an ocean of knowledge which may or may not apply to our design path.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base