Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more here.

Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. KQL data in Log Analytics workspaces unable to split by instance since no instance column available.

In the app service tab, when aggregating the average response time, I am to apply an additional splitting to show aggregate groupings by instance.
    Since I am running a scale out deployment, I can see which instance is utilizing the most calls and how balance it is.
    Similar to the image included.

However, when I try to run KQL in Log Analytics workspaces, while I am able to aggregate by the same metrics as the below, I am unable to group by the instance.
    In addition, I honestly don’t see a way to group by the instance, only when I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Snapshot in an ASE should display a more detailed error

When trying to restore from snapshot, or clone, an app in an ASE, the error message is very unclear, for example:

C:\Resources\directory\c26930a7e22e4342bdeb9036ea633198.MultiRole.BackupRestore\98b51e84-7c48-402d-8c63-95f796fde96c\package\fs: The user name or password is incorrect.

It would be great if we provided a more thorough explanation of why this failed.

Perhaps greying-out the snapshot button in the portal would be appropriate as well?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  App Service Environment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Azure App Service Monitoring by SMS

Hello team,

Aim: Send a SMS when my app service (i.e. web app) is down.
    However my country code is missing in 'Action Type' for sending SMS in Azure Monitor.

Can the needful be done to add country code +230 (Mauritius)?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. MySQL in-app

The links to the blog for this feature are either redirected to the general blog landing page, no longer exists or just not with step by step approach.

Users also need to know that the "Manage" button would take them to the phpMyadmin page.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Documentation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. How do I shut down this old website

I need to shut old website down

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Regarding domain validation failed

Came across one scenario where we added records to add custom domain in Azure, however got error message as "domain validation failed, need to add A and TXT record".

It was a third party domain provider and we confirmed everything was fine even we tested for other domain it was added successfully but only for that one we faced issue. Requesting to let us know why there is only in some cases we need to add these records unlike in other cases it validates successfully.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. XGBoost Error in Azure App Service : ['libgomp.so.1: cannot open shared object file]

Hi Team

I am not able to run Flask application with XGBoost in Azure App Service.

Can you please fix this on urgent basis.

Below is the error msg-

020-04-25T20:19:14.102061100Z from xgboost import XGBRegressor
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102065200Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/init.py", line 11, in
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102069600Z from .core import DMatrix, Booster
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102075300Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/core.py", line 161, in
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102079700Z LIB = _loadlib()
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102083900Z File "/antenv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/xgboost/core.py", line 152, in loadlib
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102093400Z 'Error message(s): {}\n'.format(oserrorlist))
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102097700Z xgboost.core.XGBoostError: XGBoost Library (libxgboost.so) could not be loaded.
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102102000Z Likely causes:
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102106100Z * OpenMP runtime is not installed (vcomp140.dll or libgomp-1.dll for Windows, libgomp.so for UNIX-like OSes)
    2020-04-25T20:19:14.102110400Z…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. improve the way to check status for running triggered job's process

We believe that triggered webjob does not stop if webjob is running. However webjob may stop if webjob program uses very little CPU time.
    (It does not hit the threshold necessary to seem 'webjob alive'.)

I know there is WEBJOBSIDLETIMEOUT option.
    https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/WebJobs#configuration-settings

However I think that webjob should keep running without WEBJOBSIDLETIMEOUT option if exactly webjob is runnng.

Also the document is unclear, describe the details on the public articles. If there is possibility that webjob may stop due to very lower CPU time, as workaround, you should use the WEBJOBSIDLETIMEOUT option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Activate the loading of the full CA chain

When loading a PKCS#12 certificate with full chain (root and intermediates) issued by private PKI on a webapp (on a private ASE), the intermediates CA certs are not loaded. For example, this causes a problem with the Application Gateway v2 in the backend whitelisting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Cannot create Managed Certificate for custom hostname when TrafficManager is used

I cannot create one of the free "Managed Certificates" for a custom hostname if that hostname points to a trafficmanager for the specified appservice.

For the website "ZZZ.azurewebsites.net" the following error is received.

"Failed to create App Service Managed Certificate for hostname tenantc.treasurysystems.com. Click here for more details. Error Details: Properties.CanonicalName is invalid. Current CNAME records of the hostname tenantc.***.com are YYY.trafficmanager.net,ZZZ.azurewebsites.net"

I can however create a certificate for the trafficmanager hostname itself' but not for our own hostname added to the website.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. print

Can Some help me with installing a printer driver on web app. or any alternative ways of achieving a print from a web app.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  API Apps  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Diagnostic Settings (AppServiceAuditLogs) not working in Canada region

The Diagnostic Settings feature (which is in preview as of 2020-06-04) currently does not log AppServiceFileAuditLogs or AppServiceAuditLogs to either a storage account or log analytics workspace in the Canada Central region. I have engaged Microsoft support and they've confirmed that the feature works properly in US regions, but they were unable to produce any Audit logs in the Canada region.

My expectation is that with those two diagnostics selected and a Log Analytics workspace populated, changes made via Kudu or config changes at the app level would be logged. The behaviour is that no logs are produced at all…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Diagnostics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to setup HP printer wireless?

If you wish to setup the wireless HP printer, then you have to unpack your printer in the first place. Remove all the materials that surround and connect the power cord as well. Try to print an alignment page to test the printer’s proficiency. Select any one of the connection types and in case if the printer authorizes, you may even choose Ethernet as your preferred link. But before everything, you have to install the printer driver file and configure the system as well. You can even follow the alternate way to setup the printer by calling the HP printer…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to define virtual directories without defining the parent directory first

When creating virtual directories under Configuration > Path Mappings, our customer would like to be able to define a multi-level directory (such as /foo/bar) without defining the parents (/foo) in advance.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Supportability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Is this a dedicated IP address for the ASE only

I have no idea about if the IP address is a dedicated IP address for the ASE only.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Platform upgrade caused 503

Our app service had several 503 and 502 errors when I reached out to support I was told that there were storage migration/upgrade and app server upgrade.
    THIS IS URGENT FOR MICROSOFT TO NOTIFY AZURE ADMINISTRATORS, I thought about all the bad things(undocumented change, attack, etc) and I was told that there were upgrades.
    App Service plan: P1V2
    Started after midnight of Saturday 6-27 till this morning 6-29.(Pacific Time). please call me for further details.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable certain schedule WebJob

For now, there are only able to disable all schedule WebJobs by adding WEBJOBSDISABLESCHEDULE setting.
    But sometimes needs to disable some certain of schedule WebJob instead of all.

Probably the most convenient way is to add one more setting something like "WEBJOBSDISABLEDSCHEDULE_LIST" and value will be a list of scheduled WebJobs names "ScheduleWebJobToDisable1;ScheduleWebJobToDisable2".

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow deploy via FTP/S over the private endpoint

We would like to have all communication to our web apps over our private networks via our Private Endpoint. We don't seem to be able to make a FTP or FTPS connection over the web app's private endpoint. Is that by design? Any plans to change?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base