Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic notifications for quota limits

I want to be notified when my site is going to go down due to a quota limit. Ideally I'd be notified that it's going to go down and have at least a few minutes to do something about it -- or a certain number of allowances for going over per month.

Currently it seems like you need to explicitly add alerts basic on metrics hitting certain thresholds -- but I don't want to have to figure it out and configure it all myself. I want to click a checkbox that says "Automatically notify me if quota limits are about…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi there,

We have the feature called App Service Advisor, which automatically alerts you to issues in your resources. These alerts show up in the portal under the bell button, in the blade in the Azure Portal, under App Service Advisor, and over email (only if you have opted in to premium content).

Some examples of these recommendations:
    Alert when any metric (CPU, memory) is exceeded the plan’s limit.
    When metric exceed 90%.
    When SLA is not met for 30 consecutive seconds.
    Valid ports exceeds 90%.
    And more…

Look into those alerts and see if that meets your needs.

All this is obviously above the great features available in App Insights.

Thanks,
    Oded

2. can we set alert for OpenSocketCount crossing limit on web app level

If by any chance of buggy code sockets are not closed and the count goes on increasing to the limit set, we should receive alert which will help in web app going down.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert of impending changes to app service 30 days before an event

The current alert about .NET 4.7.2 upgrade to app services comes only 3 days before the due date. We are new to app services and didn't have one on our subscription when the initial announcement was made March 1st. An alert 30 days before an event, as well as the 3 day warning would help users who miss an initial announcement, and then have no communication from MS for 5 months.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for the feedback. We definitely try to post as many critical changes as we can in many locations.

This specific one was posted in the following locations:
    Email
    Portal notifications
    GitHub announcements: https://github.com/Azure/app-service-announcements/issues/89
    Service Updates: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/updates/net-framework-4-7-2-update-coming-to-azure-app-service-apps/

We definitely suggest subscribing to the updates in the above locations.

Note that the update to 4.7.2 just started rolling out now to a number of regions and should be available in all regions in about 2 weeks.

Please open a question on the MSDN developer forums for any question about this update or a support ticket if you are experiencing an issue.

Thanks,
    Oded

4. Add alerts for failed/successful git deployments

When using git for continuum deployment users need to manually check if the deployment is successful or not. An alert would help take action faster.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base