Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. deployment

Create Signals for Activity Log that show events for successful or failed build/deployments from third party repositories

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Azure Pipelines as a Build Provider in future versions of Deployment Center

When configuring Azure Repos as the source in the GA version of the Deployment Center, we prompt to select either 'Kudu' or 'Azure Pipelines (Preview)' as the build provider.

The latter option automatically generates Pipelines in Azure DevOps, and can be seen as nice convenience feature.

Deployment Center (Preview) does not allow this option; it currently only offers 'Kudu' as the build provider, when used with Azure Repos.

We are aware that it is an option to create pipelines manually from Azure DevOps, but this feature streamlines the experience. It is particularly useful for quick proof-of-concepts.

We'd like to request…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Adding variable support on tag field when deploying docker container on WebApp container

I'm using docker for all the Ci pipeline, that works great.
    But for the deployment pipeline, I would like to deploy the generated docker tag name based on the BuildNumber but actually it's not supported.

When I set tag $(Release.Artifacts.App.Build.BuildId), the logs

I can see in the logs:

2018-11-12T16:21:37.3420228Z Updating App Service Application settings. Data: {"DOCKERCUSTOMIMAGE_NAME":"myregistry.azurecr.io/app:$(Release.Artifacts.Api.Build.BuildId)"}

The variable is not resolved...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. App Service Certificate

When you purchase APP Service certificate you also need to specify domain name. Can you change this Domain name later on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. What Rbac action/permission would allow Azure App Service Network Access Restrictions

What Rbac action would allow Azure App Service Network Access Restrictions ? We dont want every user to have auth to set/unset ip-rules using 'Networking --- Access Restrictions' for app-services. There is no doc explains which rbac action/permission controls this task ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hook me up

I need love and ladys. Let's party work and play. Grrr

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. How to run custom deployment steps when deploying to App Service for Linux

Well I hope this is the write place to post this question.
    I came from: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/containers/quickstart-nodejs

I am trying to deploy a nodejs app to azure which has custom build steps.

I would like the deployment to run:
    npm install
    npm build
    After it's deployed

It seems it only runs npm install --production and then tries to run the file listed in the main field of package.json. Although the source is in typescript so I would need to compile it first.

I saw here:
    https://github.com/projectkudu/kudu/wiki/Custom-Deployment-Script

That you can add a .deployment file to call deploy.cmd file which will execute commands.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Deployment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow cloning to exiting web app

I would like to have an option to clone my application to another existing web application directly without creating new application service.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to create WebApp in Isolated plan with new create experience

In the classic web app creation experience, on selecting an isolated service plan for the new app, the domain name shown below the app name changes from azurewebsites.net to the domain name of the isolated plan.

This does not happen in the new create form. This means that you cannot enter an app name that has already been added to the azurewebsites.net domain.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the valid suggestion. Your feedback is now open for the user community to upvote which allows us to effectively prioritize your request against our existing feature backlog and also gives us insight into the potential impact of implementing the suggested feature.

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base