Web Apps

Web Apps in Azure App Service provides a scalable, reliable, and easy-to-use environment for hosting web applications. Select from a range of frameworks and templates to create a web site in seconds. Use any tool or OS to develop your site with .NET, PHP, Node.js, Python and more. Choose from a variety of source control options including TFS, GitHub, BitBucket and others to set up continuous integration and develop as a team.

More details about the services are available in the App Service documentation. If you have a technical issue, please open a post on the developer forums through Stack Overflow or MSDN.

Products that we listen to in this space include: App Service, Web Apps, API Apps and Web App for Containers.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Access-Control-Allow-Credentials not set in credentialed CORS request

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature request. This is affecting me when using Azure Functions, but I beleive this has to do with the CORS implementation in Web Apps.

Basically, the Access-Control-Allow-Credentials header is not being set in response to credentialed requests.
    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTTP/Headers/Access-Control-Allow-Credentials

Someone else posted this issue in the azure functions github, but @lindydonna said this was to do with Web Apps. Original github issue is here:
    https://github.com/Azure/azure-webjobs-sdk-script/issues/620

The problem is also documented on the official MS developer blog here:
    https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/benjaminperkins/2017/04/12/azure-functions-access-control-allow-credentials-with-cors/

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Microsoft
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    9 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Return 40x for "http://....azurewebsites.net/:"

Return 40x for "http://....azurewebsites.net/:"

When we request a WebApps URL adding ":" in it's tail, we will get HTTP 500.19 error. It should return HTTP 40x (400 Bad request or 404 Not found) as same as OnPremiss IIS.

I have concern about this response has a server header and we can't remove it. And also this can trigger Alert rule and/or AutoHealing rule for HTTP 500 from the outside.

Additional info: we could not change this behavior with any settings (RequestFiltering, URLRewrite and so on). FREB shows that this error comes from IIS Web Core as the following.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add UTC + 9

Missing Web Apps Backup blade schedule option UTC+9 (Asia/Tokyo) Timezone.

Please add japan timezone setting.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix issue of not reconnecting after internet connection drop out for Microsoft Azure Hybrid Connection Manager

Microsoft Azure Hybrid Connection Manager

Recently our internet for our office has had some intermittent drop outs. This has been causing our hybrid connections in hybrid connection manager to end us as "Not Connected". I can resolve the issue by restarting the hybrid connection service however surely this service should be smart enough to try and reconnect?

Christina Compy, Microsoft, acknowledges this issue but no fix ETA was given. URL: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/89cddf51-bc0e-498c-b202-6f7555147fd7/hybrid-connections-not-reconnecting-after-internet-connection-drop-out?forum=WAVirtualMachinesVirtualNetwork

Can we get a fix please?

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Re-enable Webjobs in ILB-ASE

It's really frustrating that the Webjobs option is greyed out in the portal for all our Web Apps that are in an ILB-ASE and that they are not accessible with our Azure credentials. We now have to create the url manually (https://portal.azure.com/#resource/subscriptions/<subscription-id>/resourceGroups/<resourcegroup-name>/providers/Microsoft.Web/sites/<webapp-name>/webJobs) for every Web App before we can access the Web Job! When we finally have the right URL we have to use the credentials from the publish settings to get access to the specific Web Job, because the Azure credentials won't allow access. This really can't be best practice as we use RBAC to control access…

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Github private repos continuous deployment

I can't choose my github private repositories while setting up continuous deployment.

But I don't have a problem for public repositories, this issue is just for private repos.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. App Service Environment Scaling Time is Too Long

It takes a minimum of 2-3 hours, and a maximum of 20-30 hours to perform any scaling operation on App Service Environments.

This is terribly slow compared to expectations compared with using Classic Cloud Services.

We are not always able to predict spontaneous traffic growth, and scalling too wide or tall in advance is wasteful of budget and resources.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. App Service SQL Server PDO Driver

Please update SQL Server PHP PDO Driver to the 4.1.1 version by Azure App Services. Current version of PDO Driver is very outdated and still has a lot of bugs, that has been fixed 1 year ago.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. IP Address Not Visible

IP address does not display under "The IP Address to use when you configure A Records" on the SSL Settings screen. It does on the classic interface.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Alphabetical sorting on App settings

Managing the app settings for a website that has a large number of settings is difficult when the list is not in any particular order.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback! We are constantly looking for ways to enhance usability on the portal in general and specifically for the settings blade the Web Apps. Through user studies, we found that the vast majority of users use the search bar to find their needed setting. However, you can expect some changes in the settings blade very soon after we’re done with the current enhancements cycle.

Thanks!
    Oded

11. Enable "Always On" feature for HTTPS-only web apps

When I select "Always On" setting in my web app configuration, I assume, that my app will be active even if it supports only HTTPS protocol (not HTTP). This HTTPS-only requirement is common for most web applications, especially if they use authentication. But as I know, "Always On" feature generates HTTP request to the root of application. And if I configure redirect from HTTP to HTTPS for example like here https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/benjaminperkins/2014/01/07/https-only-on-windows-azure-web-sites/, "Always On" request receives "301 Moved Permanently" response and does not reach the app and it is going to idle state. So, "Always On" setting is useless for…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. App Service Plan blade should have "Metrics per Instance (App Service plan)" menu

I hardly understand "Metrics per Instance (App Service plan)" menu is only appeared in WebApp blade not App Service Plan blade.
    It would be better to put this menu on App Service Plan also.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "HTTPS Only" Setting Should Be Inherited With Configuration In Deploy Slot

We've set up a custom domain and purchased and installed security certificates. Everything works great for https, and we've switched on HTTPS Only in the Custom domain panel for our production slot.

Then, we created a new build with new features we developed in the latest sprint, created a new deploy slot, checked the box for the deploy slot to inherit its configuration settings from production, and... the HTTPS Only setting is switched to off, regardless of inheriting configuration settings.

We switch HTTPS Only back on in the deploy slot, go through our upload. When we swap the deploy slot…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. unable to see IP address when setting up Custom domains and SSL

On the new portal, when I click "Bring External Domains " I see the message: "The IP Address to use when you configure A Records".
    However the IP address is not displayed. I had to go to the old portal to find it.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Azure scheduled backup datetime is wrong on Firefox

Setting the backup time for a scheduled backup in Firefox incorrectly creates a backup with the wrong timezone offset applied. This was tested on four different devices with fresh browser installs. Chrome and Edge do not have this issue.

Please see attached image for example.

Tested with Firefox 49.0.2

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow managing SSL certificates

Right now "All Resources" displays an SSL certificate as "THUMBPRINT##West Europe#" and fails to load a certificate blade if clicken on this resource.

An option to renaming the certificate to match naming convention of other resources would be the second good fix.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Cannot remove file in persistent volume

I cannot remove a big logfile in /home/Logfiles.

1. Use XXXXi.scm.azurewebsites.net/webssh/host to access the SSH

2. cd /home/LogFiles

3. rm foo.log

I do not get any error, but the file is not removed.
    If I try to tail the log file (or do anything els with the file), I get following error:
    tail: cannot open 'foo.log' for reading: No such file or directory

All other files in the LogFile directory are working, it is only this specific log file that are broken.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to report Preview Portal bugs, issues that impact my services WITHOUT having to pay for Technical Support Plan

I have two issues ongoing at the moment which I believe may be a bug. However, there is no free option to request support for service-related issues without first buying a support plan.

For reference, my two bugs/issues are as follows:

1) Both Old and New portals show I have 20GB free on my Web App, however my apps are reporting an "out of disk space" condition. Including trying to upload new files via FTP. It would appear another Web App I deleted two days ago to free up disk space hasn't actually freed up the disk space on your…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base