We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

Add Azure WebJob in Visual studio should have support for console applications written in F#

I as money other is using F# more and more to write all types of applications, and now I've come to webjobs. It is possible to deploy F# console applications but you have to add the webjob-publish-setting.json file and the relevant nuget packages manually. This should be supported in the "Add Webjobs" dialogue. As it is now you can only add regular C# console applications, but it is no reason this limit exist since F# console applications works just as fine.

123 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tomas Jansson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  AdminAzure App Service team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Declining due to no planned future investments into VS tooling for F# from the WebJobs side. We have created a UserVoice item for VS located here: https://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio-ide/suggestions/31263517-add-support-for-all-console-apps-being-published-a. Further communication of feature conversation should happen there.

Thanks,
    Oded

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jenkins NS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you please tell me what are the other project types support by Webjobs other than console application.
        Since I need to access office 365 APIs, Office 365 APIs not support by console applications.

Feedback and Knowledge Base