Web Sites in vnets and affinity groups
There should be an option to add web site to affinity group or vnet. In example: I have my own MariaDB/Linux server as VM in vnet/affinity group and I want to connect my Web Site with this DB. I wish to have both in one affinity group to get better performance and in one vnet to get it in separate network (without openning DB server to web site shared IP). Web Site should have an option to:
1) have an external, shared IP as it is right now
2) have an internal IP from vnet namespace
In this option, if I configure my website to connect with DB on address 10.0.0.9 it will be connected via separated vnet.
Calling this completed but would love more feedback. We support 3 ways of secure connectivity that can allow for DB connections:
1. Hybrid connections – http://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/integration-hybrid-connection-overview/
2. VPN point to site – http://azure.microsoft.com/blog/2014/09/15/azure-websites-virtual-network-integration/
3. App Service Environments – http://aka.ms/appservicease
I have multiple scenarios for websites in v-nets.
1) MariaDB database / MariaDB Galera Cluster for website. It must be inside separated network for security reasons.
2) MongoDB / MongoDB replica cluster for website. As previuos it must be inside separated network for security reasons.
3) Large filesystem for website - in example GlusterFS cluster.
4) Redis DB for website.
5) Cache / Reverse proxy for middleware under website (in example for DB).
There is many more scenarios. It can be CouchDB or update server for CMS. For me, the main thing is MariaDB. I wish to use Azure Web SItes with my own database.
Can I get some detail on what type of resource you have behind the Linux Machine for your Customer Scenario ?. MySql, Oracle Apache ? It will be great if we can validate that particular scenario.
I'm losing clients because of this... Some ETA?
Mark van Straten commented
Hi Erez Benari,
Could you give us an updated ETA about this feature?