We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

TLS 1.3 is now approved, this should be implemented with Web Apps

TLS 1.3 is now no longer a draft, when will Azure introduce the option to enable it?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc8446

93 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Zak shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been urgent for a while... this is a major security flaw and may force us off Web Apps...

Get it done! I thought Microsoft was taking security seriously? Microsoft should have been first out of the gate on this.

I think this is now becoming more urgent - Chrome and Firefox already support 1.3, and IE/Safari I'm sure won't be far behind (Safari already has it in the Tech Preview builds).

Also Chrome, Firefox, Safari and IE are all removing TLS1.0 and TLS1.1 in Spring 2020, leaving only 1.2 on the table for Azure at that time.

https://www.zdnet.com/article/chrome-edge-ie-firefox-and-safari-to-disable-tls-1-0-and-tls-1-1-in-2020/

1.0 & 1.1 are being deprecated all across the internet. 1.3 is becoming available by more and more vendors. We need to tell our customers when 1.3 will be available.

Please give us a timeline.

• Rob Hardman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that it's a ratified standard it'd be good to see a blog post about future support and a rough anticipated timeline. The Edge team have done so for client side, for example.

Obviously there is a lot of work involved, but the standard has been moving towards ratification for some time. As a customer, I for one am looking to the Azure team to apply 'cloud cadence' to the development of this, just as you do to so much else.

Feedback and Knowledge Base