We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

Allow Multiple Certificates To Be Associated With An ASE ILB

Basically what I'd like is the ability for an ASE ILB to mimic the way IIS uses SNI and multiple certificates for multiple websites. There are scenarios where using a single cert on an ILB with multiple SANs can be impractical. I would like to be able to upload multiple certs bound to the ILB then have a mechanism for specifying at the app service level, which certificate to use. Even better would be the capability to designate a default cert that is used by any app service that does not explicitly specify a cert to use.

13 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Paul Brushwood shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AdminAzure App Service Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

You can upload a certificate for an app in an ILB ASE now. If the cert is structured properly you can use it for multiple sites.
    For the other aspect about a default cert for any app in the ILB ASE, that should be covered by the default cert for the ASE. That is its purpose. Please clarify though if I misunderstood your need.
    - Christina

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Brushwood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can upload a single cert right now. What I am requesting is the ability to upload multiple certs and bind specific certs to specific sites.

Feedback and Knowledge Base