We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

[Linux] Add some container orchestration features to App Service to provide high density

Azure App Service is the Easy Button for app deployment and hosting, whereas Service Fabric and containers add significant complexity. However, Service Fabric and containers scale much more efficiently. It would be amazing if you could add some basic container orchestration features in a way that would make App Service the Easy Button for container-based deployments, including high density. I realize this is a challenging request, but like I said, it would be amazing!

Thanks!
Vince

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Vince shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vince commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously I wasn't clear enough. I am well aware of App Service's support for containers. My issue with the current implementation is that it's simply one instance of a container per node. I would like to be able to host a variety of containers, each with a different number of instances, across my App Service Plan nodes. For example, I would like to be able to create an App Service Plan with 3 medium nodes, and then deploy to those nodes 12 instances of one container, and 5 instances of another container, and 2 of another container. And I would like "App Service Container Orchestration" to manage those instances, providing orchestration features such as placement, scheduling, load balancing, monitoring, etc. Make sense?
        Again, I know this is asking a lot, but if you could provide those features with the ease-of-use that is typical of App Service, that would be an amazing offering!

Feedback and Knowledge Base