How can we improve Azure Web Apps?

Allow powershell remote shell session e.g. Enter-PSSession on Web App machine

To create a powershell session on a remote machine, WinRM is required to run on the remote machine. All Web App machines have this installed and are being used by the internal Azure provisioning system (assumption).

Currently the only way to have some sort of shell on the Web App machine is by going through the ProcessExplorer site extension. This is not a true shell, but sort of an emulated one. Ctrl-v scrolls the page up for instance. And the transport is over SignalR, which could be fine, but the implementation feels wonky.

Or I might have missed some documentation about this. In that case, sorry for my French.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Tonny WildemanTonny Wildeman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tonny WildemanTonny Wildeman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Oded,

thanks for the response. I am not looking éxactly for Enter-PSSession, but something similar would be great as well. There is a team working on porting openssh to windows natively: https://github.com/PowerShell/Win32-OpenSSH. This would also be great with the implementation for git over ssh... Another feature requested by many. A side effect is the method of certificate management, please integrate keyvault for this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base