How can we improve Azure Web Apps?

Azure websites should permit to set a regional time setting independent of the Region deployed.

Right now when an Azure website is created it sets the time to the region specified on the deployment.
It would be useful to be able con configure the ntp server for a website for the country our company is set, independent of the azure datacenter where the website was deployed.

57 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Azure App Service TeamAdminAzure App Service Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

Again, this is a good feature request and we'll work to prioritize across the other items we have on our roadmap. A workaround right now is to do all time computations in UTC, and then convert to local time only when needed. I'm aware this is not ideal but this is what can be supported right now.

Thanks,
        Oded

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your kind reply. Use case: when having hybrid architectures such as our deployment, we have multiple websites interconnecting, some of them as Azure web Apps hosted on Microsoft Azure, and others located in Colombia. This is part of a project certified on PCI-DSS, for payment Card industry transactions. This regulation indicates that the time set on all the components must be synchronized to Colombian Legal Time.
        Also when consulting the Payment mark (records) on our local application, the time displayed is different from Microsoft azure time, dificulting the readings and forcing us to use time convertions.

Thank you. Best regards.

Feedback and Knowledge Base