How can we improve Azure Web Apps?

Restart App Service Plan (all Web Apps in a plan), something similar to iisreset, from within the portal

It would be great to have a restart button, similar to the restart button in a Web App, but on the App Service Plan level to restart all Web Apps in a plan. something similar to iisreset.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    IbrahimIbrahim shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Azure App Service TeamAdminAzure App Service Team (Admin, Microsoft Azure) responded  · 

Hi Ibrahim,

What issue are you trying to solve? What use case would this be used for?

It seems to me that placing a restart option on the plan level might do more harm than good, by resetting the memory on all the apps under the plan. Depending on your scenario, auto-heal would be a great solution to solve individual machine issues. See a video by my colleagues here for more details: https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Windows-Azure-Web-Sites-Tutorials/Auto-Healing-an-Azure-App-Service

Placing this idea under review for now until I understand what’s at the base of the request here.

Thanks!
    Oded

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • IbrahimIbrahim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Oded,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I am aware of auto-heal and it is being used. It is a great feature when something goes wrong with one of the Web Apps.
        On the other hand, for maintenance reasons (say after publishing a new version of the web apps), we need to recycle all application pools and clear IIS cache. I think it would a great addition to the portal for application maintenance.

Many thanks,
        Ibrahim

Feedback and Knowledge Base