We welcome user feedback and feature requests!

Make SSL support for D1(Shared) app services

Please make SSL support for Shared (D1) app services possible. First of all in January the same idea was asked; https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169385-web-apps-formerly-websites/suggestions/6877851-add-ssl-support-for-shared-websites
but declined because "Shared SKU is currently still in Preview" now we're 11 months later.. still not an option?

For my self it's not feasible to upgrade to Basic because that would give me an 300% increase in cost. Still I think if you want a custom domain.. you also want a SSL certificate with it. It's really a shame this isn't possible.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Casper shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi Casper,

Thanks for bringing this up once again. You’re right, Shared is still in preview since there haven’t been concrete decisions made about the future for this pricing tier. We look to offer pricing tiers that both provide benefits for the customers using them and are financially logical. SSL is definitely in the middle of this discussion as it comes to Shared. We will have updates coming out to our pricing, tiers and features in 2017 and will look to consider this as well.

Thanks,
Oded

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: oidc
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base